- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- A couple of generous handfuls chopped parsley
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the spaghetti and cook until just shy of al dente. Drain, reserving a ladleful of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 4 turns of the pan, and the anchovies over medium heat until the anchovies melt, about 1 1/2 minutes. Lower the heat and add the garlic; season with the crushed red pepper and black pepper. Let the garlic cook gently in the anchovy oil, stirring. Add the reserved pasta cooking water and the parsley, then the pasta. Season with more black pepper and toss the pasta for 1 full minute to absorb all the flavors.
on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM