Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to present this? gift suggestions

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm getting my brother and ds tickets to WWE and need suggestions on giving them their gift. I don't want to just put it in an envelope and hand it to them.
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JCKitten87
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Get their fav wrestler's action figure & wrap it with that?
MixedCooke
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 1:57 AM

was totally going to say the above or maybe get a WWE T shirt.  we are totally gag gift kinda people and like to give a giant box filled with packing peanuts and have it taped on the bottom or have box within a box within a box!  LOL

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:42 AM
I actually thought of doing both those things. The box would be really funny and I know my brother would find it funny.

Quoting MixedCooke:

was totally going to say the above or maybe get a WWE T shirt.  we are totally gag gift kinda people and like to give a giant box filled with packing peanuts and have it taped on the bottom or have box within a box within a box!  LOL

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:42 AM
I have no idea who their favorites are.

Quoting JCKitten87: Get their fav wrestler's action figure & wrap it with that?
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Get them something small that is a tie-in to the tickets.  The suggestions given were great. 

For DH, when we got him a spa and golf day as a gift for Father's Day we got him a present to open that tied in.  We got him a set of golf tees and balls along with some face creams (he's kind of metro like that).  At the bottom of the box was an envelope and in the envelope, I made a little card with a little poem attached to it that included all the tickets and certificates for him.

Definitely do something like get each of them a WWE t-shirt.  Put it in a box with a wresting figure or maybe even a dvd or something.  Add a little card saying something like along the lines of how they like wrestling so much and they better brush up on their favorite wrestlers because instead of tv, they'll be watching them live.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

You could get one of those gag gift boxes and put them in the bottom.  I want a reason to get one of those!

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe get them each something they could wear to the event. Or something to tie it in, like a WWE ornament or card or something?
TXHulaMama
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom did something like that when I was younger she she got me concert tickets. She put the tickets in an envelope and taped it to a brick. Then she put the brick in a bigger box filled with tissue paper and wrapped that box. I was so excited when I saw this huge box, then saw a brick and was like "What?!?!" LOL When I opened the envelope I was so excited!

My family got a kick out of me diggin through for a brick too.

Quoting cjsmom1: I actually thought of doing both those things. The box would be really funny and I know my brother would find it funny.

Quoting MixedCooke:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM
They're kind of expensive considering it's just a box

Quoting deccaf:

You could get one of those gag gift boxes and put them in the bottom.  I want a reason to get one of those!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

They are, but they are pretty funny!

Quoting cjsmom1: They're kind of expensive considering it's just a box

Quoting deccaf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)