Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Baby Update...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM
  • 13 Replies

Still no baby, poor SD is 5 days overdue.  She is a tiny person, but she is all belly!  Very ready to have the baby.  They are inducing her on the 20th, but she is afraid to do that because they actually informed her!  They told her that induction often leads to c-section, more painful labor, etc.  I'm glad she's informed, and I hope this baby comes on his own very soon!

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:55 AM

DD was 2 weeks late, and I ended up having to be induced. She was born about 8 hours later, all natural, at 10lbs 10 oz.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM

She's tiny, her hubby is big (6'5", not fat, muscular, in the air force).  She is terrified of having a huge baby.

Quoting leahbeah143:

DD was 2 weeks late, and I ended up having to be induced. She was born about 8 hours later, all natural, at 10lbs 10 oz.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM

lol they told me she was going to be about 8lbs. The contractions hurt worse than anything else.

Quoting deccaf:

She's tiny, her hubby is big (6'5", not fat, muscular, in the air force).  She is terrified of having a huge baby.

Quoting leahbeah143:

SparklyCoffee
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Good luck to her!

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Awwww...I'm tiny too (5'0") and I was overdue.  I was ALL belly (everyone thought DD was going to be really tiny but she took up every single inch of room she could and came out over 7 lbs.) and no one even thought I would make it to my due date, much less go over it.  I was about a day away from induction before I went into labor. 

She'll be fine.  Try to not have her worry so much because that CAN make it worse for her.  Good luck!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Must be the season for overdue babies. Seems everyone I know lately is having them late. One was due on Thanksgiving, born Dec 10. That was the most overdue.

Good luck to your SD. Things always have a way of working themselves out. Tell her to hang in there!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Good luck to her.
smorgan865
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I'm 5'6" 100lbs prepregnancy (144at 40weeks).
All belly as well.

My induction hurt less than my "on my own" onset of labor. My induction was long, but not especially painful no mention of a c-section. Make sure she, and whomever is in the room, are VERY firm on no c-section. Even if she's progressing slowly, just let it go slowly. No need to rush into a c-section.

I delivered 7lb 6oz and 9lb 10oz babies.

It's all manageable!!!!
mickstinator
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

yikes! well, my grandmother is barely 5 feet tall and weighed just over 100 pounds when full term with my father. he was born weighing in at 9 pounds 15 ounces. if my tiny granny can do it, your SD can, too! ; )

being overdue must be awful! i was fortunate to never experience such a terrible phenomena. good luck to her!

mickstinator
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM

wow, you're tiny! i am 5'7" and i haven't been 100 pounds since i was 12 years old. ; )

i do not have a small frame, though. i look healthiest around 130.

Quoting smorgan865: I'm 5'6" 100lbs prepregnancy (144at 40weeks).
All belly as well.

My induction hurt less than my "on my own" onset of labor. My induction was long, but not especially painful no mention of a c-section. Make sure she, and whomever is in the room, are VERY firm on no c-section. Even if she's progressing slowly, just let it go slowly. No need to rush into a c-section.

I delivered 7lb 6oz and 9lb 10oz babies.

It's all manageable!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN