Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Still no baby, poor SD is 5 days overdue.  She is a tiny person, but she is all belly!  Very ready to have the baby.  They are inducing her on the 20th, but she is afraid to do that because they actually informed her!  They told her that induction often leads to c-section, more painful labor, etc.  I'm glad she's informed, and I hope this baby comes on his own very soon!

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Replies (11-13):
smorgan865
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Yep! Very small frame. I feel too thin, but I don't look sickly (like no sunken in eyes or bones sticking out--aside from my hip bones), KWIM? I'm currently "only" back down to 110lbs after the baby, and this weight looks a little better on me do I'm fine with the number. I just need to continue toning the skin on my belly and I'll feel great.

Quoting mickstinator:

wow, you're tiny! i am 5'7" and i haven't been 100 pounds since i was 12 years old. ; )

i do not have a small frame, though. i look healthiest around 130.

Quoting smorgan865: I'm 5'6" 100lbs prepregnancy (144at 40weeks).

All belly as well.

My induction hurt less than my "on my own" onset of labor. My induction was long, but not especially painful no mention of a c-section. Make sure she, and whomever is in the room, are VERY firm on no c-section. Even if she's progressing slowly, just let it go slowly. No need to rush into a c-section.

I delivered 7lb 6oz and 9lb 10oz babies.

It's all manageable!!!!

mickstinator
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM

oh, yeah, that's how i feel at 120-125. i maintained that weight for a while, but honestly it was really hard to dress myself. clothes just didn't fit me right. sometimes i'd like to drop back down to that, but mehhh, too much work. lol!

congrats on losing your weight!

Quoting smorgan865: Yep! Very small frame. I feel too thin, but I don't look sickly (like no sunken in eyes or bones sticking out--aside from my hip bones), KWIM? I'm currently "only" back down to 110lbs after the baby, and this weight looks a little better on me do I'm fine with the number. I just need to continue toning the skin on my belly and I'll feel great.

Quoting mickstinator:

wow, you're tiny! i am 5'7" and i haven't been 100 pounds since i was 12 years old. ; )

i do not have a small frame, though. i look healthiest around 130.

Quoting smorgan865: I'm 5'6" 100lbs prepregnancy (144at 40weeks).

All belly as well.

My induction hurt less than my "on my own" onset of labor. My induction was long, but not especially painful no mention of a c-section. Make sure she, and whomever is in the room, are VERY firm on no c-section. Even if she's progressing slowly, just let it go slowly. No need to rush into a c-section.

I delivered 7lb 6oz and 9lb 10oz babies.

It's all manageable!!!!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:50 PM

It's good that they gave her the information so she knows what to prepare for. Hopefully she goes into labor before then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)