Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I asked for just ONE favor...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have done ALL of the Christmas shopping for our family. Every. Single Piece.

I asked my husband to buy my brother-in-law a $20 giftcard to Academy to finish out his gift. "Sure!" my husband says. "I can do that!" 

He comes home with a $15 giftcard to iTunes. I don't think my BIL listens to much music through iTunes. I think he streams pandora. And the amount is wrong. 

That's what I get for not doing it myself! I will just keep that damn giftcard for another holiday and go buy the Academy card myself. 

Are your spouses very helpful with holiday shopping? 

Michaela
Wife to Mike
Mommy to Mitchell and Brody

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Dh sucks at shopping.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM

No.  I do it all.  I don't even ask him to do it.

Uhura
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM

He buys the gifts that are both of us together, or ones that he's buying for someone else, but I don't ask him to buy things that I'm getting for someone else.

Not because he'd be bad at it, I don't know that he would be bad, I just prefer to do it myself.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

SparklyCoffee
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Yes, he is very helpful. 

mickstinator
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Quoting Uhura:

He buys the gifts that are both of us together, or ones that he's buying for someone else, but I don't ask him to buy things that I'm getting for someone else.

Not because he'd be bad at it, I don't know that he would be bad, I just prefer to do it myself.

that's partially my reason - i just like to be in control of it all. but clearly my husband isn't so great at it anyway. lol!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM

OH boy. That kind of stuff bugs me bigtime!
I usually do the shopping....or the prodding if it's something DH is supposed to buy. He just realized this morning that he hasn't gotten anything for his dad yet. Um, yeah. I'm not in charge of that one. Better get on it!

mickstinator
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Quoting adamsmom0116:

OH boy. That kind of stuff bugs me bigtime!
I usually do the shopping....or the prodding if it's something DH is supposed to buy. He just realized this morning that he hasn't gotten anything for his dad yet. Um, yeah. I'm not in charge of that one. Better get on it!

lol! my husband lucked out this year. i found a gift that was perfect for my FIL while i was shopping for someone else, so he didn't have to do any work. usually he takes care of his father and i get his mom and sister. 

Uhura
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting Uhura:

that's partially my reason - i just like to be in control of it all. but clearly my husband isn't so great at it anyway. lol!

Exactly, that way I know where it is..or if I don't, I can usually figure where I've misplaced it. :P

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I do all the shopping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN