Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

"What's Your Excuse?" Take your pick.

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 32 Replies

I'm sure by now we've all seen this photo floating around the interwebs.

Today I saw THIS BLOG POST in response to the question and, well, I think we can all relate.

Here are a few snippets from the blog:

I’ve got a long list of the excuses that I could give Maria Kang for not looking like she does but really I don’t want to be accountable to her judgements (I don’t answer to her, I only answer to me) so instead of rambling off all my excuses I’d rather take the opportunity to set the record straight on a few things.

I’ve had the (near) perfect body and it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.

To look like she does is (for most people) completely doable, if you are willing to sacrifice most of the things that you love. And I wasn’t willing to do that. I don’t know about you, but I really enjoy hanging out with my kids, sleeping in on the weekends, eating what I want and when I want and having the occasional night out with the girls.

So when you see a poster like Maria’s ” What’s your excuse?” please don’t feel threatened or annoyed but rather be content in the knowledge that having the ‘perfect’ body isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Michaela
Wife to Mike
Mommy to Mitchell and Brody

by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjames1990
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I love food, junk food.  I snack and I drink.  DH and I are very active but I dislike working out very much.  No excuses, I'm actually not interested in looking like that.  

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:30 PM

My stomach will never look like that thanks to being completely covered in stretch marks

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My excuses:

1. I chose to spend time with my child after delivery, not spend time working out.  Just me, figured bonding was more important

2. I work, went to school, and am a mother and wife.  Time is precious.

3. I chose to project a healthy body image attitude to my daughter.  Perfect is okay, but YOU are beautiful as you are.

4. Yes, I enjoy eating what I want and not stressing over my choices.

5. I am in my 30's (almost 40's, yikes)

6. I don't care what others have to say.

adulation
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
She's an idiot. (Kang). That's my excuse.

JTnJT
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I weighed 92lbs before getting pregnant with my oldest.  That is 92lbs on a 5 foot frame.  Even at that weight my stomache was never that flat.  I've always had a little bit of a pouch.  Now after 3 kids, I'm rather proud of myself.  Sure I'm 132lbs now, and have skid marks all over.....but these are as the result of the 3 wonderful lives my body nurtured.....and someone out there feels I should be ashamed of that???   I don't think so!!!!

mickstinator
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM

my profession is based around my body. 

i struggle with time management. 

i already feel guilty for how much time i am away from my children.

i love junk food. a lot.

i just don't have the motivation to work that hard on something as frivolous as a sexy six pack.

i do try to be healthy. i work out a few times a week. i buy (mostly) healthy foods. i do put effort into my health. i just resent the notion that there is no worthy excuse to struggle with weight and health after children.

m.garcia21
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:40 PM
My excuse is genetics. The women in my family have stretch marks and cellulite therefore so do i especially after the kiddos. It doesnt matter how much i work out i will never look like that...nor do i want to im actually happy with my body ..no one is perfect and thats ok.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My excuse? I have a full time job, 5 kids, and a husband. I would rather spend time with them than spending 2 hours a day at the gym. I hate working out. I refuse to give up all the yummy foods and drinks. I practice moderation, and am blessed with some decent genes, but I do have a few extra pounds. Most days I'm ok with that :)

mickstinator
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Quoting m.garcia21: My excuse is genetics. The women in my family have stretch marks and cellulite therefore so do i especially after the kiddos. It doesnt matter how much i work out i will never look like that...nor do i want to im actually happy with my body ..no one is perfect and thats ok.

oh, same with me! my stomach is COVERED in stretch marks. not a bit of skin that isn't stretched. and my 3 year old has cellulite. it is hereditary! i can't help it. 

unrealistic expectations, man! 

maria1613
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My excuse is i work full time, go to school full time, and on my "down time" i choose to spend my time with my DD. Yeah I'm over weight but I'd rather be over weight and spend what little time I have with DD than be away from DD even more than I already am and be super slim
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN