Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Traditions - What's yours?

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 19 Replies

What are your Christmas Eve traditions (if you have any)

We have always done a "make your own pizza" thing with the kids, then head to church, then come back and open one present (jammies), put on the new jammies and DH reads "The Night Before Christmas).

This year, we're not going to church (variety of reasons) and I do NOT want to do pizza anymore (so sick of it).

The kids are all sad about possibly not making our own pizza, so I'm looking for ideas of what others do that I could 'borrow' that might excite the kiddos.

Thanks!

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faeryfrog
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Christmas eve, we bake cookies and our dinner is always chili with cornbread. We open our Christmas Jammie's and the smallest gift hidden in the tree.

We also sprinkle reindeer food in our front yard (carrots, oatmeal and glitter) and leave his goodies

I always have to watch Love Actually after the kiddos are in bed
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Thanks.  Chili does sound yummy :)

Quoting faeryfrog: Christmas eve, we bake cookies and our dinner is always chili with cornbread. We open our Christmas Jammie's and the smallest gift hidden in the tree

christaberk
by Christa on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Kids open 1 gift each (typically jammies but this year not because I still haven;t gotten it). Dress in jammies, reindeer bait in the yard and bedtime. 

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM

What do you use for reindeer bait?

Oh - and I forgot we also put out the milk & cookies after the story.

Quoting christaberk:

Kids open 1 gift each (typically jammies but this year not because I still haven;t gotten it). Dress in jammies, reindeer bait in the yard and bedtime. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM

when DD was little we used to get up early and get to the mall right when it opened so we could be first in line for Santa, then we'd go to Build a Bear.

christaberk
by Christa on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Our reindeer bait included glitter (magic flying dust) and oatmeal. 

MILK AND COOKIES!!! Yes! I forgot about that.

Quoting the3Rs:

Quoting christaberk:

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM

We use oats and marshmallows for reindeer bait

Quoting the3Rs:

Quoting christaberk:

angelchewning
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM

We do Italian Christmas eve with Spaghetti and Meatballs and chicken cutlets. And before bed we give each other an ornament that signifies the past year.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Last year I got him pjs for Christmas Eve and he's asking for them again. This year I got him pjs, a Christmas movie, Christmas book, popcorn and snacks.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't really have any traditions. Our families are so far away (200+ miles) that we are usually traveling or expecting company - so it's kind of a whatever is the going thing tradition!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN