Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Feeling a bit better today

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 2 Replies

I had my appointment with the diabetic nurse yesterday. She said that I'm already doing everything that she tells new patients about diet and exercise. I did get a prescription for Metformin and a glucose meter to test at least every other day or whenever I want to see how much something affects me. She said that the Metformin will probably help me lose weight easier which will be nice. It sounds like I might be able to get weaned off the medication if I can lose enough weight and keep my blood sugar levels under control.

They did comment about my bp being a little high but I've been so stressed lately with everything that's going on. Plus I was nervous about the appointment and was just having a really emotional day yesterday. Hopefully it'll be fine again at my next appointment in Feb.

I did end up with 2 glucose meters. The nurse gave me one at my appointment and then CVS gave me the other one with my prescription. I didn't realize it until I got home last night and when I called about returning it they told me that legally they couldn't do a return on it. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the 2nd one lol.

On a brighter side I'm now down almost 45 lbs since I started getting more exercise and trying to eat better. I'm about 30 lbs away from my "ideal weight range" for my height and build. Somehow that number doesn't seem so daunting anymore knowing that I'm already halfway to my goal.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Way to go on the weight!  And hopefully you will soon be controlling the diabetes with just diet!

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

this is so good! Sounds like things heathwise are under control :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)