Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Xmas clutter aftermath!

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM
  • 19 Replies
So the last two days we have just been rushing through the days. Presents here, presents there.....Xmas morning was so rushed we had no time to clean up boxes or even paper..........so I am now home today with 3 beautiful, spoiled children that want lots and lots if attention and yet a house that needs a ton attention too! Ugh, it's daunting. Idk even know where to start!!

And as you all know, I think there is just an added element of stress to be a working mom, when the "home" you sanctuary is so cluttered, you can never relax!!
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM

DD is 14 and out of school until after the new year, so she will probably be helping out with the cleaning while I'm at work :-)

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Cuddle the kids, leave the mess.  It can be picked up this weekend.  I know the mess is hard to deal with, but the kids need attention more.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I hear ya'!! We brought in the garbage bags right away, so except for the few toys yet to be freed from their boxes all is cleaned up. Although, all of the gifts themselves are still completely filling up my living room.

I'd make the paper clean up a game with the kiddos. Good luck!
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I'd have the kids help you with the cleaning. Make it a game - DS1, you're in charge of this room. DS2, you're in charge of that room. I'm in charge of this other room. If we can get all this wrapping paper picked up before the timer goes off, we get to make ice cream sundaes! Or something with less sugar :)

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM

We picked up the paper as we went so there wasn't a huge pile. I'm hoping that I can convince DS to help me pick up after work today. He's been helping me clean up his toys every night before bed which is nice.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Home you get it under control! We cleaned before company and they didn't make a huge mess, and we picked up as we went and asked DS1 to pick up his toys after he played with them. Luckily we aren't over our heads for once! 

BabyBearsMom608
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I'm trying to come up with a plan for this coming year to unclutter the whole house. I'm exhausted just thinking about. The Christmas mess just added to it :(
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

My house was a mess too. Today ds and I thoroughly cleaned his rooms (bedroom and a small room that has his desk and books) because it was just too much with all the new stuff.

Kellileanne
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I'm temporarily staying home but I just tonight finished breaking down all the boxes and getting toys assembled (and batteries put in the ones that needed it).

dmom27
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Mine is so messy! I'm gradually cleaning up, but the kids want to set up every new toy and game. As soon as one mess is cleaned up, two more replace it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)