Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Make way!!!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:20 PM
  • 11 Replies
For the new toys that is. Filled up 4 garbage bags of old stuff from the younger two's room and I still could barely fit the new stuff. Man these kids have tooooo much stuff!
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christaberk
by Christa on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:54 AM
My kids have a lot of stuff too.

Quoting the3Rs: For the new toys that is. Filled up 4 garbage bags of old stuff from the younger two's room and I still could barely fit the new stuff. Man these kids have tooooo much stuff!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggie268
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:09 AM
That's my plan for this coming up weekend =)
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Oh I'm so jealous! DH and his kids get SOOOO mad when I try to get rid of anything. Imagine that, will ya? These kids are 20, 18, 17, and 15.....not getting rid of stuff???? I think the only way they'll get rid of anything is if we get a good fire. Sadly, but I really feel that way.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I still need to do this.  Ugh

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Oh believe me, it wasn't easy.  My MIL isn't a hoarder as bad as on TV - I mean, the main part of her house is fine, but her bedroom, 'sewing' room, and attic are terrifying.  She won't get rid of ANYTHING.  DH is very much the same way, though I do encourage him to sort & throw once or twice a year - but he keeps his crap in the unfinished side of the basement, so it doesn't really bother me.

My kids (well, they younger two) seem to have the same desire to hold onto things - brokent toys, things they haven't looked at in 2 years, dried playdough, etc.  They weren't too thrilled with the task at hand, but it did get done :)

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Oh I'm so jealous! DH and his kids get SOOOO mad when I try to get rid of anything. Imagine that, will ya? These kids are 20, 18, 17, and 15.....not getting rid of stuff???? I think the only way they'll get rid of anything is if we get a good fire. Sadly, but I really feel that way.

missamandadear
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Yeah I went through dressers and the toy box before we put any of the new stuff away.  It was a very cleasing experience.  :)  Most of the toys are being donated, since the majority were still in good, working condition.

See more of what I have to say at Moming About.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Since we moved in with mom and dad, I put nearly all of my daughter's toys in storage (besides dress up and the new Christmas toys.) I won't feel sad getting rid of them after she forgets they exist soon. Haha!
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:13 PM
We need to do this. Although it's tough because all the stuff ds1 is growing out of the baby is starting to play with. Now just to get ds1 to stop grabbing toys away!
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Oh I feel this pain.......6 year age gap between age appropriate toys, ugh, toys everywhere.

Quoting Nighttiger: We need to do this. Although it's tough because all the stuff ds1 is growing out of the baby is starting to play with. Now just to get ds1 to stop grabbing toys away!
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Our trash is over-flowing! And donation truck cannot come soon enough!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN