Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

dreading work tomorrow

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:42 PM
  • 23 Replies
I've been off since December 20th, and tomorrow is my first day back. I'm absolutely DREADING it. I hate my job. I hate my boss and I hate my company. I'm currently pregnant and plan to quit once the baby is born. Unfortunately that's still 5 months from now. Not sure I'm going to make it!! Luckily it's only a two day week, but it's going to be a long time before I get another day off. blah! :(
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Like you. ... I've had the same amount of time off. It's been so nice to be in sweats most of the time.

Unlike you, I do love my job but I just don't want to go back just yet
levansbx
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:38 AM
hopefully this is an easy short week for you. you're lucky to have a job you enjoy. hope it stays that way in 2014!

Quoting M4LG5: Like you. ... I've had the same amount of time off. It's been so nice to be in sweats most of the time.

Unlike you, I do love my job but I just don't want to go back just yet
JessiFaye
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:10 AM
I'm going back after 12 days off as well. I can't stand my job, but thankfully I do like my coworkers. Unfortunately, I don't see them often. I usually just sit in my office, doing my work.

I'm due in March, and I have no idea how I will force myself to go back after two months off
levansbx
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:27 AM
That sucks. can you take more than two months off? maybe you can use some of the time to work on looking for a new job. sorry to hear you're in a similar situation as me. hopefully 2014 brings you new opportunities!

Quoting JessiFaye: I'm going back after 12 days off as well. I can't stand my job, but thankfully I do like my coworkers. Unfortunately, I don't see them often. I usually just sit in my office, doing my work.

I'm due in March, and I have no idea how I will force myself to go back after two months off
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:42 AM

This is the first year in my entire 19 years of working full time that I haven't had that entire Christmas & New Year's week off.  I did have 12/24-12/27 and 1/1 off, but just those couple of extra work days (12/23, 12/30, 12/31) have made returning today much easier.  I used to DREAD going back - even when I liked my job - but this year it's no biggie since I've haven't been 100% off.

JessiFaye
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:14 AM

I only have enough time saved up to take 8 weeks fully paid, and we definitely need my paycheck. :( I do plan to look for another job while I'm off, though! Not sure how much time I'll have on my hands, but I can surely put some resumes out there! 

Quoting levansbx: That sucks. can you take more than two months off? maybe you can use some of the time to work on looking for a new job. sorry to hear you're in a similar situation as me. hopefully 2014 brings you new opportunities!

Quoting JessiFaye: I'm going back after 12 days off as well. I can't stand my job, but thankfully I do like my coworkers. Unfortunately, I don't see them often. I usually just sit in my office, doing my work.

levansbx
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:15 AM
best of luck to you!!

Quoting JessiFaye:

I only have enough time saved up to take 8 weeks fully paid, and we definitely need my paycheck. :( I do plan to look for another job while I'm off, though! Not sure how much time I'll have on my hands, but I can surely put some resumes out there! 

Quoting levansbx: That sucks. can you take more than two months off? maybe you can use some of the time to work on looking for a new job. sorry to hear you're in a similar situation as me. hopefully 2014 brings you new opportunities!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you don't like your job or your boss. I can totally see how that would make you not want to go back. Good luck - hopefully it's better than you're anticipating!

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

UGH! Hang in there! 

mskeeinmd
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Sending you best wishes for a great day!  Just smile and bear it.  I've been there and listened to gospel music the entire day to keep my mind right so that I wouldn't cuss anyone out or walk off the job and never come back.  LOL.  It helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)