Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

21 days at a time

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:47 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
I want to lose weight like many women but I'm never consistent and don't keep on track very well. Part of it is that I want to get to the end fast and if I don't. ... then I want to give up. The other part is that I set up my plan but if i don't do it for one or two days. .I give up.

I'm going to try something new. I'm only focusing on 21 days at a time. I will only focus on making it through 21 days of 2 goals: stay at determined calories per day and get in 20 min of exercise per day (even if it is just a walk). I have a calendar for both goals in my bathroom mirror. I will cross out the day if i achieve my goal for that day.

I will assess myself weekly (or as needed) in a journal on how I feel during the process and try to create positive thoughts when I have negative thoughts about what I'm doing. This way, if I'm not losing weight, I can see why. If I am losing weight, I will feel motivated to keep doing what is working.

One of my overall resolutions is to talk more positively about my life even if there are negative things going on. Lately I've been feeling very low which probably had affected my progress towards a lot of things. Gratitude. ..I have so much to be thankful for so I want to talk more about those things.
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this
  1. get the MyFitnessPal app--has a food diary, exercise journal, tracks weight, etc.  Totally awesome!
  2. even smaller focus to weekly rather than 21 days, which could still feel daunting(yes I get 21 creates a habit)
  3. start a gratitufe journal--write down 5 things you are grateful for
  4. Maybe get a motivational  app like I have one that has a positive saying each day

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Sounds like a good plan.

angelchewning
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a great goal and totally achievable. for staying positive I like the suggestion of making it a point to SMILE every time you see your reflection in the mirror. Smiling is good for you, literally!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Quoting MixedCooke:
  1. get the MyFitnessPal app--has a food diary, exercise journal, tracks weight, etc.  Totally awesome!
  2. even smaller focus to weekly rather than 21 days, which could still feel daunting(yes I get 21 creates a habit)
  3. start a gratitufe journal--write down 5 things you are grateful for
  4. Maybe get a motivational  app like I have one that has a positive saying each day

1.  I do have myfitnesspal and will use it.  My goal is to complete it entirely even if I miss my target calorie.

2.  Though I say 21 days, my real intention is to go one day at a time which is why I have daily goals to meet.

3.  A gratitude journal is a good idea.

4.  Which motivational app do you have?

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting angelchewning:

Sounds like a great goal and totally achievable. for staying positive I like the suggestion of making it a point to SMILE every time you see your reflection in the mirror. Smiling is good for you, literally!

Kinda reminds me of Elf:  "Smiling is my favorite."  haha

On a serious note, this is a good idea.  In fact, I need to check in with myself throughout the day to make sure I am smiling because I feel the act of smiling actually makes me happy too.

mskeeinmd
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Good luck.  They say that it takes 21 days for something to become habit.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:12 PM

that sounds like a great plan!

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:23 PM
That plan sound great!
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Great plan! You can do it!

I am breaking things down into just my 4 days/week. On Monday-Thursday, protein for breakfast only to keep the fat burning going after night-time fast. Balanced lunch, with my creamy coffee then. Walking or stairs, then lighter dinner with no calories after 730.

But Fridays-Sundays, will be diet free for all, but I will still try to walk.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Quoting Marti123: Great plan! You can do it!

I am breaking things down into just my 4 days/week. On Monday-Thursday, protein for breakfast only to keep the fat burning going after night-time fast. Balanced lunch, with my creamy coffee then. Walking or stairs, then lighter dinner with no calories after 730.

But Fridays-Sundays, will be diet free for all, but I will still try to walk.

Yeah....I'm thinking of putting a kabosh on snacking after dinner as well.  I may just do 8:30pm for now because that is when our bedtime routine starts in our house.  It will be a good "end" mark.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN