26 Problems Only Anxious People Will Understand
1. If you hear any kind of noise in your house whatsoever, you become convinced that you’re about to be murdered.
2. Even if you checked roughly seven times, you’re never ever really sure if you locked a door.
Did you lock the door?
3. If someone takes more than five minutes to accept your Facebook friend request, it means they hate you.
Did they accept my request?! No?! What are they waiting for?!
4. And whenever someone tells you that you have to wait and be patient, this is how you’d like to respond:
Of course, you’d never respond that way, because then you’d feel anxious about their reaction.
5. You know the answer to this question, and just seeing it makes you anxious:
6. People often call you a pessimist, and it irks you that they’re so very right.
7. You overthink everything, in general.
8. People always try to make you feel better, but their concern only makes things much worse.
Why are they so worried about me? Should I be worried? Now I’m really worried.
9. Spontaneity isn’t your thing. At. All.
And anyone who suggests an impromptu adventure is dead to you.
10. You have a checklist of things you’re SURE you forgot to do, even though you probably didn’t.
But now that I’m thinking about it… Did I really turn the lights off in the house this morning? FML.
11. Sending a text and not hearing back IMMEDIATELY can make you feel like the world is ending.
12. But when they finally respond, it’s like all of the angels are singing just to you.
It is magical and it is heavenly and OH THANK THE LORDS.
13. The idea of meeting new people should be fun, but it isn’t.
Will they like me? What is my hair doing? Why are they staring at me like that?!