Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Having so much trouble finding balance!

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:24 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi mamas! I ma having so much trouble balancing working full time,time with my daughter,house work,etc. The relationship with my fiance is suffering and i feel so overwhelmed at times.Would love to connect with some other working moms and get some advice or just be able to chat.

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Hi ! How old is your daughter? Its difficult to find time for everything that needs to be done and for everyone who needs your time. A schedule can help. and Flylady. com has good resources for cleaning your house in manageable bits of time
JGiorgi411
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is two :-)
yezay
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 12:33 PM
My house is always disgusting. (I'm slightly exaggerating lol). There just isn't enough time to do it all and by the time my 6 yo goes to bed I'm too tired. My so and I only have sex 1 maybe 2 times a week. I know how you feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Welcome, this group is awesome! I hope you find support you need!

You are not alone. After 5 years and 3 kids later, I got a house cleaner. My relationship with DH who can have a lazy bone especially with house things and child care, ebbs and flows! And I never do anything as perfect as I want to, but I make it work!
WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I have an 11 month old. We clean on the weekends. I use my crock pot a lot during the week for dinner. I try to do everything I can the night before. We both are usually off on the weekends so that's our family time.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Welcome!
smorgan865
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I clean on the weekends, but don't stress if it doesn't get done.

We have easy dinners some nights and sometimes DH helps out so things can get done. It's hard because I have the same schedule all the time, but sometimes it just doesn't get done!

If I have to choose between cleaning and spending time with my family--family wins every time :)

LauraS2337
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Welcome to the group! I used to be so much more organized than I am now, ha ha! Things that I USED to do (that I have slacked off on, big time!) were utilizing my Crock-Pot a lot during the week, keeping a physical planner along with reminders on my mobile phone, mainting a cleaning schedule that revolved around other weekly committments on our calendars (such as DS's swim practice on Tues, Thurs & Fri), and dividing up household chores. Of course, my DS is 10, so he can do chores. Your little one isn't quite there yet. So talk to your fiance about helping you out with housework. One thing that I constantly have to remind my husband of, is that I understand he is tired, but I am tired too. I might not perform the physical labor that he does during the day, but I make up for it big time in mental labor. I don't ask him to do much. Just simple things like unloading the dishwasher, folding the laundry, etc.

HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Welcome to the group.  I can relate.  Set up a schedule for yourself and prioritize.  Once you get into a routine, it should become easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN