Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I'm going to quit. .

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:03 AM
  • 9 Replies
I'm going to have to quit my job. Tried contacting daycare and no reply back. I'm suppose to start sometime after the 7th. I get assistance with daycare and it's a long process. I'm positive that it will not get done by Tuesday bc i have to contact many centers then i have to mail in forms then i have to wait for mail back and a phone interview then interview with center. Another reason i have to quit is bc i use cds for ds. More specifically i use prefolds and it can be a hassle. If i had the money for other types of cds it be no problem but that's another story. Oh and also I ebf so ds has no idea how to use a bottle and same goes for pacifiers. So I'm pretty sure i will get non-stop calls from daycare bc he is crying. I feel horrible having to let them down. When i first had the interview i told them daycare wouldn't be a problem. This was back in February. And now daycare is a problem. I also feel bad bc I've been on leave since ds was in September. It sucks having to quit. Has anyone been in a situation where they had to quit bc of kids? Well my lease is up soon I'll be moving out of Sacramento and back to stockton with grams since i won't have the move in money for different apartment just yet. And since I'll be there I'll be saving money. Tomorrow I'm going to talk to my uncle about working for him again since he had mentioned the other day he would help me financially if i ended up adopting dn. I hope he says yes bc i love working on cars and learning at the same time and since my grams usually goes to his shop she can bring ds and i can nurse him. I also want to do more like volunteering. Not goodwill.. i just couldn't do it. I had to do it for calworks (welfare) and it sucked working 8 hrs with no pay for couple days a week. I love helping people so maybe shelters or something. . Any ideas/advice?
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
aztecqueen22
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:06 AM
I meant to say when ds was BORN in September. . Phone keeps removing my words. I hate this new auto correct. It should've been left like it was before the system update.
christaberk
by Christa on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM
My dd was ebf until daycare. She wouldn't take a bottle from me, but did learn eventually. She is hard headed and stubborn and cried all the time at daycare. But they never once called me to get her just because she was crying.

If you do that want to quit, do your best to get I touch with the daycare and get it taken care of.

If you do end up quitting, it sounds like you may have a good deal going with your uncle.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:27 AM

That sounds stressful, I was very worried about going back with my first two boys and found all kinds of reasons to worry.  Are you worried about the baby, daycares are very used to crying babies. My two were EBF as well. And pretty high needs. But they did just fine in daycare. 

Just do what is best for you family. 

aztecqueen22
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Ya its just that he's my only boy lol but mainly because with my daughter I wasn't working so I was always with her. So I dont want to leave him also. Especially since I ebf. But I had to quit the other day because daycare assistance didn't go through. I just dont understand being a caretaker but not answering my messages.

Quoting Marti123:

That sounds stressful, I was very worried about going back with my first two boys and found all kinds of reasons to worry.  Are you worried about the baby, daycares are very used to crying babies. My two were EBF as well. And pretty high needs. But they did just fine in daycare. 

Just do what is best for you family. 

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:15 AM
How did it go this week?
crazymama1008
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I work at a daycare and no the wont' call and tell you to pick her up for crying. She will learn to use the bottle. Tommy Tipee bottles are wonderful as they are shaped in about the same shape as  mothers nipple and bf babies seem to prefer it. I would call and check up on her often though. 

aztecqueen22
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM
I had to quit. Daycare wouldn't answer calls. And I'm moving

Quoting calsmom62: How did it go this week?
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:49 PM
hopefully you can find a new plan in your new lication!!! but do encourage baby to take a bottle of expressed milk, and let someone else feed her. it will help reduce anxiety for you baby and caregivers.
aztecqueen22
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Thanks. I'm hoping I can work with my uncle at his autoshop again. And I was recently thinking that I leave him with grams for maybe 2 hrs and a bottle. So definitely next time I'm at her house I will do that.

Quoting calsmom62: hopefully you can find a new plan in your new lication!!! but do encourage baby to take a bottle of expressed milk, and let someone else feed her. it will help reduce anxiety for you baby and caregivers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)