Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

good vitamins

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:32 AM
  • 8 Replies
So I am always on the go but dont always have much energy. I dont eat fast food! But any good foods that arent hard to make, protein shakes or multivitamin that might help that anyone can suggest? Id lime to find time to work out @ home but Im totally low income, &single mom w 3 kids so by time 6 rolls around im on auto pilot for getting kids fed & ready for bed. But still dont make it to bed b4 10. Any ideas or suggestions?
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:40 AM
  1. If you know your diet isnt balanced, her are some good vitamins to take: Omega 3, iron, Vitamin D, Calcium, Vitamin C, daily multivitamin
  2. cook in bulk and freeze on the weekend so you can just pop in the oven
  3. cook in bulk during the week so you can have leftovers and not have to cook every night
  4. delegate days for particular chores, errands, etc
  5. depending on their age-delegate chores to the kids
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:40 AM

I like Atkins shakes

mlmmom509
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:29 AM

This is about Xfactor, it's by far my favorite suppliment. The same company also makes a really good vanilla flavored protien shake called P96. You can order them on www. onedrinkaday.com

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I use Shakeology, which has all my vitamins & nutrients for the day.  It's helped a lot and friends who have tried it have loved it.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:44 AM

I like Rainbow Light brand products. I take their womens multi and their Vit D gummy. 

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:51 AM

I like Zeal wellness for vitamins. It's kind of expensive though. Body By Vi (Visalus) also has a good chelated vitamin. These are both "approved" by my chemist husband as vitamins that actually absorb into your system, instead of just moving right on through and not helping you any.

I agree with MixedCooke - cook more than you need, and freeze the extra for an easy meal some other day. Make friends with your crock pot. Pinterest, crockingirls.com....there are a lot of good crock pot recipe websites. Take 5 minutes of an evening, put tomorrow's dinner in the crock, stick it in the fridge overnight...makes mornings easier!

Enlist your kids to help you - even with the cooking, depending on their ages. My 7yo loves to peel carrots and potatoes and do simpler jobs like that. Have them help out with the chores, too. No reason why they can't. Again, depending on their ages.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:49 PM
I use rainbow light as well. They are plant based vitamins

Quoting Marz31:

I like Rainbow Light brand products. I take their womens multi and their Vit D gummy. 

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM
And our favorite quick food to make is burritos. DS1 likes his just beans and cheese but dh and I fill ours with a ton of veggies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)