Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Daycare help

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:40 PM
  • 12 Replies
Have any of you gone back to school after having a child? Im wanting to start a new career but i would have to quit my job and pay daycare. Does anyone know of any assistance or loans for daycare while in school?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I went to school, but worked full time while doing night classes.  DH took care of DD while I was at school.  Some schools will provide childcare in exchange for putting in hours in their center.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM

I have no idea.  DS was born 6 years after I graduated college, so this is not something I have experience with at all. Your college financial aid office may know of some options.

Good luck!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:43 PM
The university we attended had a university sponsored daycare. I would ask the school.
SparklyCoffee
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:49 PM

I'm not sure. I've never used any kind of daycare assistance. 

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I did go to graduate school, but my classes were at night, and I still worked full-time. My husband took care of the kids. When he had to travel for work, my parents watched them. Your college or university financial aid office might be able to help you, or at least point you in the right direction.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:03 PM
I'm going back to school full-time next week. I applied for a state grant to help with daycare costs, but I won't know if I get any money until February. Check with your financial aid office to see what's available.
angelchewning
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 3:00 PM

there are daycare assistance programs in most states for low income families. Ill try and find you some info...what state are you in? any chance you can still work and do school at night or online? who watches LO now while you work?

Kristen1010
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Can you work part time?
mlmmom509
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Have you thought about a home based business as an income? If you found one you liked and could get passionate about you could set your own schedule around your school and if you find one that is low key you can take your kids with you to events and such. I personally set meetings up with my customers at mcdonalds or parks so that my kids can play while I do business. I only put a few hours a week in and make enough to pay all my bills! :)

JessiFaye
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Look into programs geared toward adults. They typically offer evening, weekend, and online classes, which would help you out!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)