Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting organized--your clothes, QOTD 1/8/14

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:13 PM
  • 9 Replies
So we have identified that the majority of WOHM have a bit of closet clothes clutter.

(I like the idea of watching hoarders then purging, haha!!!)

So today's question is: where do your no longer loved clothes go? Do you drop them off at donation, does an organization pick them up? And most important do you have a date or time frame on when you are going to tackle the de-clutter in the closet!
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I drop them off at goodwill. Despite the clutter I don't often buy new clothes so I rarely have a bunch of unused clothes around. I purge maybe once a year
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Mine go in a pile by the front door. SD gets 2 days to go through and get what she wants before I take them to the local thrift store.
I try to get rid of stuff twice a year, once in fall, once in spring...when I put away the off season clothes and pull out clothes for the new season.
SparklyCoffee
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:11 PM

I throw some away, I send a bag to my sisters for her to go through and I donate the ones I know they will not want but are still in decent shape. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 5:22 PM

We have the Vietnam Vets that peruse the neighborhood every 2 months and pick up at curbside, it is sooo nice. I can also donate to big brother, big sisters down the road. 

I do put a lot of stuff to trash though.

I have 3 huge garbage bags of clothing between DH and I purged this past week. I still have a little more sorting to do. I may regret it, BUT I am trying to downsize into our master closet. So I am actually getting rid of some clothing that we still like, but if we have similar items, it's getting donated. I just want to walk in the closet and no feel over-whelmed with packed racks! I want clean nice clothes, easy to see, and access!!

I want it out now!!

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:03 PM
During the spring andFall I clear out a bit and then a little bit throughout the year. I drop them off in a bin that supports local youth groups or I take them to St Vincents.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:41 PM

I just cleaned mine out and donate everything I no longer want

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:10 AM

I usually take mine to Goodwill unless they are just past help and then they get tossed in the trash. I don't purge often since I haven't bought new clothes in a while. I really need to though.

babyfriday626
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:47 AM
I usually do it 2x a year. It based on how my daughter grows. When she was younger it was every 3months, to goodwill.
beachbum74
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I bring mine to the local resale store. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)