Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

bringing your work home with you....

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:35 PM
  • 23 Replies
How often do you have to bring your work home with you? On Friday they gave us all the new Medicare guidelines for dme and told us that by Monday that we to understand ALL the changes and new denial codes. Eff there goes my weekend ...

How do you balance home life and work home work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Josie_P
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:27 PM

All the time. I try to do it when the kids fall asleep or on the weekends.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Frequently I work on things at home.
preemiemom45
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM
I have work email on my phone and tend to do a lot of emailing on the evening and weekends. Other than that, I bring work home only once every couple of months.
Marz31
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I can't work from home, so if I have more I need to do, I stay late or go in super early. 

MelanieJK
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Since having kids I pay much more attention to time management.    That includes not allowing bosses and co-workers to make me suffer the consequences of their poor time management.      I call them on it! 

Binkys_Buttons
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:16 PM
I'm having a terrible time doing this -
1.) its very time consuming and I'm not getting paid for it but I'm expected to know it by Monday
2.) I emailed my boss yesterday who is salary with a question on the new policies and she has yet to get back to me. I know her iPhone is attached to her like a 3rd kidney. Why should I be giving up my weekend at her request and not even get a email back. Rant over....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Binkys_Buttons
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:17 PM
This is what I usually do!

Quoting Marz31:

I can't work from home, so if I have more I need to do, I stay late or go in super early. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelchewning
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Nope. Never. if Im not being paid Im not working! if you think thats a problem then check out labor laws...SORRY! i work to live not vice versa!

beachbum74
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Yes and I hate it. I have a work cell phone and I have to give the number to the youth I work with so they can contact me anytime and I'm expected to respond. I'm an administrator at my college so I don't get overtime, time off, etc. for ANY time I work over my regular hours and it's often. I wish I could just be home when I'm home. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:43 PM

I just try to do it after DSs are asleep, often holding the baby 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN