Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

13 days and not 1 pound

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:44 AM
  • 33 Replies

I'm really trying to lose weight this year.  I'm focusing on small goals and a short timeline...21 day plan.  I focus on 2 things every day.....calories and working out at least 20 minutes a day.

Out of 13 days so far, I've only gone over my calories twice (and not by much) and have worked out 11 out of 13 days and I STILL did not lose a pound.

This sucks so bad.  I don't want to give up.  I know it's a process but still.....i should have lost at least 1 pound within 13 days!

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marz31
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Hugs! it's frustrating. Sometimes our bodies just take longer to get used to changes but when they finally do, things should start coming off nicely! What's your calorie goal? are you eating enough? do you use a website to track calories in and out? 

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Quoting Marz31:

Hugs! it's frustrating. Sometimes our bodies just take longer to get used to changes but when they finally do, things should start coming off nicely! What's your calorie goal? are you eating enough? do you use a website to track calories in and out? 

1424 calories per day.  I got this based on webmd calculations which is also based on my BMR.  I use myfitnesspal to track my calories. 

If I don't get to the 1424, I'm very close.  If I'm over, it's not by much.  For the most part, I'm at my calories.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't worry about the actual poundage.  You may be building muscle, which weighs more.  How are your clothes fitting?

Carolynishappy
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Try the website http://www.sparkpeople.com/  I used that site before I got pregnant with this baby. It worked great for me. And it's absolutely free.

*^*Carolyn*^* 

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Quoting deccaf:

Don't worry about the actual poundage.  You may be building muscle, which weighs more.  How are your clothes fitting?

The same. 

What I need to do is find my tape measure.  Darn kids were playing with it and now I can't find it.  I need to measure myself again and maybe focus on that.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:12 PM
It sounds like you're doing everything right so don't give up. As Decca said you may be building muscle while losing fat.
I had the same problem as you and quit working out. I regret quitting because it's so hard to start back up.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Yes, this is a much healthier attitude! Focus on the measurements and the way you feel, the way your clothes fit. Don't worry about the scale!

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting deccaf:

The same. 

What I need to do is find my tape measure.  Darn kids were playing with it and now I can't find it.  I need to measure myself again and maybe focus on that.

nurbabe82
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Keep at it. And definitely measure yourself. And don't weight yourself daily if you are. Your weight naturally fluctuates. Good Luck!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Thanks everyone!!  I appreciate your support.  I definitley needed this.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Depending on how much you were eating on a regular basis before, dropping down to that amount might be too much. if you were eating 2000-2200, dropping 400-600 calories per day will show a decent amount of loss, but sometimes going down too far too fast gives different signals to the body, doesn't let your work pay off. but it sounds like you're doing things right otherwise. people on MFP either eat exercise calories or they don't and there are many perspectives on why for both.

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Marz31:

1424 calories per day.  I got this based on webmd calculations which is also based on my BMR.  I use myfitnesspal to track my calories. 

If I don't get to the 1424, I'm very close.  If I'm over, it's not by much.  For the most part, I'm at my calories.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)