Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Pulled in many directions

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:16 PM
  • 5 Replies

I like working.  I like being independent, making my own money, and seeing positive results from my work.  It gives me joy, great people to work with,  satisfaction and a bit of anxiety :-)

However, few things are as hard as when your child is sick and you are atthe office.  When I am at the office, I think about my sick DD and want to be home with her.  If I home, then I worry about what is happening at the office.   I just hate this feeling of being pulled in so many directions.     My 12 yo is suffering from some type of migraine and this is her second bout since Thanksgiving.   She missed a week of school before Thanksgiving break and has been out all of this week.  The doctors are stumped by think it is an abdominal migraine.   It is so hard not to sit here at the office and worry about her.

Do you feel this way sometimes?

by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I have been there and will find myself there again for sure.

One of my usually very professional, clean, well-spoken co-worker and summed it up this way in a rant one day, "you know, you just feel 'shitty', you come to work and feel like a shitty mom, you stay home and feel like a shitty employee, no matter what you do it's just shit" I always chuckle about this because I think it was the only time, in my 4 years of working with her, something ever stressed her out to such a potty mouth level. Sick kids will break even the best down!!

I don't have the answer, but this post just lets you know you are not alone!!! 

MelanieJK
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I can't imagine having to deal with something that is stumping the doctors and/or figuring out the early stages of a chronic illness even if that was all you had on your plate.     Hope they pin it down soon! 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Yes! When ds is sick I hate not being home to take care of him

MandiVG
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:22 AM
I think I said virtually the same thing to my DH.

Quoting Marti123:

Yes, I have been there and will find myself there again for sure.

One of my usually very professional, clean, well-spoken co-worker and summed it up this way in a rant one day, "you know, you just feel 'shitty', you come to work and feel like a shitty mom, you stay home and feel like a shitty employee, no matter what you do it's just shit" I always chuckle about this because I think it was the only time, in my 4 years of working with her, something ever stressed her out to such a potty mouth level. Sick kids will break even the best down!!

I don't have the answer, but this post just lets you know you are not alone!!! 

sakpoints
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM
It does suck! My only comfort is my mom watches her when she is sick so I know she is well cared for.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN