Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ouch. That hurt.

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH FINALLY finished painting DS14's room (yes he started before Thanksgiving).  He had a lot of touch ups and then DS14 wanted red stripes in the corner which look great with his red curtains.

Anyway, we also decided to rearrange - he has a captain's bed with 4 drawers & 1 door under each side (total 8 drawers, 2 doors).  We had removed those, DH had made a dresser top for it years ago, and he had been using it as a dresser - but that left very little room in his room.  So, now he wanted to only use one set of the drawers back under his bed and push it against the wall.  The he'd have more floor space, etc.

The other set of drawers we're taking downstairs to replace the stupid table we currently use to hold the TV & Xbox.

So today, all alone, I took some a break from work and moved everything.  Holy. Moly.  That set of drawers is HEAVY - especially because it had to stand on end to fit down the stairs.

My arms hurt!  Ow!!  :)

But at least the downstairs area looks better now - and soon his room will too once I finish moving & cleaning up in there.

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Count it as today's workout, too!

the3Rs
by Group Admin on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Now THAT's a good idea! I also moved his bed & had to lift & push that darn set of drawers underneath which wasn't easy!

Quoting deccaf:

Count it as today's workout, too!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:33 PM

You must be glad it's finally done

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)