Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could it get more embarrassing?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:19 PM
  • 5 Replies
So, this week is my project's major review. I had all of a 10 minute presentation on our requirements management tool, a demo.
So, we decided that it would be best to record a video of each item to be demo'ed and then I embedded those into a ppt presentation.

So, I test everything - with the laptop and projector that I was going to be using.
It works fine.

Monday comes - I test it all again, a couple of hours prior, in the room. And I bring up the program that I am demoing in the background.

What happens? Ppt sucks and it won't run the videos, won't respond to the mouse or the keyboard strokes to pause the video and restart. Ugh!
So, I go to the back up. The computer fell of the wifi and the program times out!

Total embarrassment.
So, my management decided that I should just give the talk first thing the next morning on my own computer. I get it all set up before everyone arrives. Test it out and then get the program running in the background. What happens? Ppt does it again!!!
Thank goodness that this time, the live demo worked well.
Talk about a fiasco.

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2010)

big smile mini

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Yikes!

mickstinator
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:03 PM

of course that would happen! how frustrating! i would have been so embarrassed, too. at least management seems understanding of the lack of reliability of tech stuff. 

mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Many of the panels complimented me on my recovery.
Thankfully!!

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2010)

big smile mini

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh My, I couldn't imagine. I sometimes have nightmares about my PPT videos failing prior to presentations! They are similar to the ones where you show up naked in front of your audience--waking up in pure anguish!!

I am sure you handled it like a pro!!

sakpoints
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:36 PM
To err is human. To truly screw up requires a computer! Very glad it was a happy ending!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)