Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How hot is too hot?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:29 PM
  • 3 Replies

My office has been really really really hot in the afternoons this week so I brought in my little temp guage from home today.  It's 2:00pm and it's 82 degrees in here and will only get hotter before the day is up.   It's not just my office - two other co-workers are having the same problem.  We've said something to management but they've kind of shrugged it off (their office is on the "cool" side of the building).   Should I push the issue and bring her over to look at the thermometer?     How hot or cool is your office?

I am so hot I have been fighting falling asleep.

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mickstinator
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:03 PM

anything over 80 i would think is ridiculous this time of year. i live in texas. in the summertime, it definitely gets over 80 and there isn't much anyone can do about it. but this is january!

i would push it. 

christaberk
by Christa on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:18 PM
I'd push it. Honestly anything over 76 inside is too hot for me personally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:14 PM
I have the opposite problem. In my office its cold in the winter and hot as hell in the summer. My boss is cheap and doesn't turn the thermostat high enough to be effective. We have clients that come in and complain, and we complain all the time but he doesn't care. I keep a space heater on all day long during the winter which helps a lot. Plus the layers of clothing I wear.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)