Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Hard Times Coming Sooon

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

I will be going through a divorce, ive not worked in 5almost 6 yr. Is there a job thats higher paid w/benefits? (that would be best) at this time i dont care what job as long as i can maintain my family with this... Please, Ive my CNA, Certification Nurse Assistant,CMA Cerfified Medical Assisant.Ive 5 children, Ive considered taking classes for Law Enforcement. any one know if this has better hours, and pay . Please Need Help 

by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:22 PM
It may be hard getting a really good paying job being out of the workforce for so long. I would work on updating anything that needs updating and go for whatever comes up while you continue looking.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
CNA might make up to 15 dep on your area. what wage range are you thinking of. receptionist can make 15 or so and medical billing clerk too.
HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on what you would do in law enforcement.  You may want to inquire at the local police station.

A receptionist only makes $8/hr here. 

Work on building your resume and getting your references.

lazyd
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry to be mean and disappoint, but you must have been living in a cave while not working & raising your kids.  Do you realize that we are still in a recession and that they just stopped unemployment benefits extension again (i know thats not what you are going for)?  I was not a sahm but was working & got laid off several years ago & it took me 2 1/2 YEARS to find a job & that was only part time.  I went from making over $17 an hour full time to $10 an hour part time!!  Doesn't matter that I have a bachelors degree.  IF you want to be a nurse or whatnot, you will have to go back to school (which requires money & most likely night school & time).  AND than you will be a the bottom of the work force.  I even applied to fast food places & couldn't find a job for the LONGEST time!!  You would have to check with your cities police dept to see if they are even hiring - it takes training and a lot of work!  And once again, you will be at the bottom, working nights.  Are you going to be getting alimony and child support?  There are NO jobs that are higher paid w/benefits!!  How old are you and what are the ages of your kids??  Who will watch them while you work, even if they are in school (before n after care, etc.)?  Where do you plan on moving too?  Another house?  I just went thru a divorce 7 months ago, after 21 years together, and now live with my sister & receive food stamps, but even still couldnt get health insurance!!!  I make less than $600 bucks A MONTH!!!!  GOOD LUCK to you!!   

Kyrene002
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Thank you all. 

Lazyd)))))

i dont take things as mean.. I do look at reality, and it is scary, but i dont want to stay out of convenience... 

I have no more feelings for

to answer your question-- Im 34 my kidos - 18yr.old he will be going into the military but hes doing nightschool right now at your own pace type of thing.. he will need one more year. I do want to give him his year, would not want him to think i would ever leave any of my kids behind no matter the age.

then my daughter is 16yr, 5yr,4,and 3yr.

My oldest two beleive i should leave and my daughter wants to help me save for the divorce.. I dont want that on them. I do talk to my oldest two so that they can prepare themselves for whats coming.

ive my CNA, CMA.. I do understand about work and how its hard to find something at this time. I have been looking but i hate how they tell me - yes were looking, after i filled out the application when through the loops, i call to see how my application is doing -- then they tell me Ohhh, were just taking applications at this time.. :(

I would Like to work on Anything at this time i dont care what it is.. I do need a job, and understand about having to save.

Ive been looking at the divorce laws, and trying to find perhaps a lawyer?? is this necessary ? having a lawyer?? 

Calsmom62)))

here Nursing in the hopsital and homes are about 12-15.00 depending on experience.. :( but Nursing assitant would be at 12 and full time i know theyr always hiring.. in the nursing homes, perhaps that will be the start i need?.. <3 

CMA - Certified Medical Assistant in Dr. offices i used to get paid 15.50/hr 

but they are only open from 8-5 ... I would Luv to find a Night shift or Graveyard Shift, hoping for Lab in the hospital, I do enjoy that. and would also pay about 13.50-15 start. 

but then i think of ive been out of work for so long.. prob start at minimum which is 7.50 Sucks.. perhaps this is what i need to get my foot in though... 

Ill take anything, as long as i start saving,.. 

working in law enfocemtn i need to get schooling. thinking cop first later reach for detective... :)   Im hopefull 

To tell you the Truth- I have Endured Sooo Much. Seriously God thinks Im Tough - if hes given me soo much and stillkeep a positive attitude. I try, I always think For My Kids I Need To Be Healthy of Mind,Spirit. And as God as my Rock. <3 

Thank You all for your coments, your advice, and I do believe we do need sometimes some tough luv.. 

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:50 PM

If you are willing to take a night shift, that may give you more options...I know that's always a hard one to fill, and CNAs are always needed in care facilities due to high turn over. Best of luck to you! 

lazyd
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:35 PM

saving up for a divorce will never happen!  It's like saving up for a child!  LOL!  IF you saved enough for a child - it's too late to have one!  :)  

Who would look after your kids if you worked a night shift?

Please don't stay just for the kids!  Most of the time it is harder on the kids when parents stay together.  I know its tough but your kids will be able to handle it.  You should be able to get alimony and CS to tide you over until you find a good job.  But I think you are more qualified and have a degree in fields that are actually hiring right now - so you might have better luck.  

You can get a divorce lawyer if you can afford one.  I didnt use one.  But if you need one than go to your county that you would file your divorce papers with and ask them for a free lawyer cuz you dont have any income at this moment.  

GOOD LUCK!!

Quoting Kyrene002:

Thank you all. 

Lazyd)))))

i dont take things as mean.. I do look at reality, and it is scary, but i dont want to stay out of convenience... 

I have no more feelings for

to answer your question-- Im 34 my kidos - 18yr.old he will be going into the military but hes doing nightschool right now at your own pace type of thing.. he will need one more year. I do want to give him his year, would not want him to think i would ever leave any of my kids behind no matter the age.

then my daughter is 16yr, 5yr,4,and 3yr.

My oldest two beleive i should leave and my daughter wants to help me save for the divorce.. I dont want that on them. I do talk to my oldest two so that they can prepare themselves for whats coming.

ive my CNA, CMA.. I do understand about work and how its hard to find something at this time. I have been looking but i hate how they tell me - yes were looking, after i filled out the application when through the loops, i call to see how my application is doing -- then they tell me Ohhh, were just taking applications at this time.. :(

I would Like to work on Anything at this time i dont care what it is.. I do need a job, and understand about having to save.

Ive been looking at the divorce laws, and trying to find perhaps a lawyer?? is this necessary ? having a lawyer?? 

Calsmom62)))

here Nursing in the hopsital and homes are about 12-15.00 depending on experience.. :( but Nursing assitant would be at 12 and full time i know theyr always hiring.. in the nursing homes, perhaps that will be the start i need?.. <3 

CMA - Certified Medical Assistant in Dr. offices i used to get paid 15.50/hr 

but they are only open from 8-5 ... I would Luv to find a Night shift or Graveyard Shift, hoping for Lab in the hospital, I do enjoy that. and would also pay about 13.50-15 start. 

but then i think of ive been out of work for so long.. prob start at minimum which is 7.50 Sucks.. perhaps this is what i need to get my foot in though... 

Ill take anything, as long as i start saving,.. 

working in law enfocemtn i need to get schooling. thinking cop first later reach for detective... :)   Im hopefull 

To tell you the Truth- I have Endured Sooo Much. Seriously God thinks Im Tough - if hes given me soo much and stillkeep a positive attitude. I try, I always think For My Kids I Need To Be Healthy of Mind,Spirit. And as God as my Rock. <3 

Thank You all for your coments, your advice, and I do believe we do need sometimes some tough luv.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN