Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Announcing your pregnancy

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:43 AM
  • 7 Replies
How did you do it? Send an email, face to face, write a note? When did you do it? When you announced did you have a time frame of when you would be taking off and returning? My immediate supervisor knows but I have to tell our regional boss and CEO. My supervisor asked me this morning when I would actually announce and I haven't thought about it.
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Marz31
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:10 PM

face to face mostly. well, I had to call my mom, she lives 2000 miles away. but at work it was face to face with most people (or it spread via word of mouth). I didn't do any sort of formal announcement, that doesn't happen in my office.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Face to face at work after the first trimester. Both works wanted a time frame about 30 days before my due date. Both kids were early though so time frame didn't matter much
preemiemom45
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Face to face. I slowly told my department and work friends, then let the gossip train do the rest. :-)
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:48 PM
I told my supervisor...she told those above her. I shared mostly face to face with a follow up email of a US pic.
Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:37 PM
With my first son, I had a (false) emergency in my first trimester and blurted out to my boss I needed to leave and go to the ER because I thought I was having a miscarriage. It was a small office so from that point, everyone knew.
With my second son, I was at a different job and i told my boss first, and he told the other partner, then I shared the news with the others shortly after.
WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:16 PM

I told my boss when I was 10 weeks. We had just returned to work from summer break. I had everything planned out when I spoke with her. I confirmed all my plans a couple weeks later after my 12 week appt. I didn't make an announcement at work. My boss asked if she could do that. She actually didn't really confirm it until my shower the following Jan (when I was clearly 9 months) but everyone knew I was pregnant from the grapevine.

ljmom24
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 8:32 AM

With my first I found out just after we changed management teams.Plus a lot was going on with the pregnacy so I was 18 weeks before I told them and at the time we also found out something was wrong so needed flex time too. She was great with it and I was her first pregnant staff so it was a learnig curve for both. My second I was more comfortable letting them know after the first trimester. First time some coworkers knew right away because of the complications Second time around I was called out for puking in the bathroom A LOT. But definately face to face. In both cases I had female bosss who got I couldn't plan too much at that point s we left it I planed to work until due date or something came up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)