Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Anyone ever cook with lamb?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:04 PM
  • 16 Replies

A guy who works with DH raises lamb for slaughter as a hobby. So DH bought one. Or a half? I don't know. Anyway, so now I have this great assortment of lamb meat in my freezer.

Anyone have any yummy and easy (and kid-friendly) ideas on what to do with it? How to cook it? I've googled and checkout out allrecipes.com and foodnetwork.com. I'd just like to also hear things that real people have made.

by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:51 PM
I cook with a lot, we buy at least one grass fed lamb a year.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Oh, I gotta get to a different device to post recipes other than phone! My kids love, love lamb! It's like their favorite meat, lol!
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Cool! I love when kids like "fancy, grown-up food!"  :)

Quoting Marti123: Oh, I gotta get to a different device to post recipes other than phone! My kids love, love lamb! It's like their favorite meat, lol!

angelchewning
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:20 PM

I do Rack of lamb. leave the rack in tact and "lollipop" each bone down. cut small slits in the thickest part of the lollypop and insert a bit of goat cheese into each slit throughout the rack. rub the rack with EVOO and rub with rosemary salt and pepper. Sear in a HOT skillet, then roast in the oven until the perfect Medium pinkish red is achieved. its me and DH's favorit lamb recipe.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:19 PM
we make lamb frequently. Blade steaks- we season them with a bit of garlic, salt , pepper and a slight pinch of allspice. sear them on the grill then reduce the fire to cook tender or in a bit of olive oil on the stove . leg or shank, insert garlic cloves into slits in the muscle. rub with oil and salt pepper a bit of oregano. roast till 165 degrees in center. lamb stew meat-- simmer till tender. chill. skim fat. bring to boil again and add stew veggies. cook them till tender.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:20 PM
yum. will have to try this. never baked it with cheese!!!

Quoting angelchewning:

I do Rack of lamb. leave the rack in tact and "lollipop" each bone down. cut small slits in the thickest part of the lollypop and insert a bit of goat cheese into each slit throughout the rack. rub the rack with EVOO and rub with rosemary salt and pepper. Sear in a HOT skillet, then roast in the oven until the perfect Medium pinkish red is achieved. its me and DH's favorit lamb recipe.

angelchewning
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting calsmom62: yum. will have to try this. never baked it with cheese!!!

Quoting angelchewning:

So good! Dh will eat anything if I add goat cheese to it lol.
IBNeaters
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:55 AM

I only ever put it on a very hot grill.  I can't really eat it any other way.  Never liked it until we moved to South Africa and that's the way they served it where we were--didn't know what it was until after I had a whole bunch!!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:26 PM

So for rack of lamb, we just do the hot hot grill medium rare, little lamb lollipops. Kids just hold them like a drumstick. Rosemary, garlic and olive oil, similar to this.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/grilled-lamb-chops-recipe.html

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:14 PM

ground lamb:

aromatic lamb meatballs with frozen naan warm from the oven, soooo yummyyyy

gyro meat for pitas

and then we just eat lamb burgers with goat cheese, salt, pepper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)