Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

You want a WHAT?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:05 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH told me he wants a 2014 Corvette Stingray.  Not to get rid of any vehicles, just get another.  We have 2 drivers in our house.  We have 4 vehicles.  Do we really need another?  NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He said he will wait until the Camaro is paid off, and I want to tell him that it's smarter to just go with NO car payments for a while!  He just doesn't understand.  (Slaps head)

by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:40 PM
men. dh wants to give his eclipse to ds next yr and get himself a lexus suv. we will see. i think he forgets college for the next two is coming fast.
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:55 PM
My guy loves cars...but we won't be payment free either. But we only have 3 vehicles.
MidwestMama55
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:32 PM

My husband bought a "fun car", when he could pay CASH for it. We don't do car payments.

mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:28 AM
We bought a fun car this summer. Driven it like a half dozen times. Now he wants to sell it. I am sure we will take a loss.

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2010)

big smile mini

MountieMama
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:31 AM
My hubby gets bored of vehicles. Though for our last transfer he actually wanted to buy a better house and not replace the car I drove in highschool yet since we only take it two minutes to work. I was impressed.
Marz31
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM

I wish we had the money to have daily drivers for us and a nice touring vehicle for trips that's a bit larger to fit more people and things but still good with gas, but there would never be a time when for two drivers, we had 5 cars! the insurance alone would be a budget killer, especially with two sports cars! But if it fits into the budget, you probably can't talk him out of it, huh?

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 1:01 PM

We originally had 2 cars, the Ford Flex and the Camaro.  I drove the Flex.  Then we bought a 2003 Ranger from my work.  High mileage, but good condition.  Always useful to have a truck, too.  Insurance on that is liability only.  Then, he was getting his oil changed in the Camaro.  And saw the Cruze for a super deal.  It actually pays for itself in gas savings over the Flex.  The Flex is paid off, so no payments on that, but I want to keep it.  I love that car.

Our insurance only went up about $50 a month with the Cruze.  And it caused us to review our policies and realize we were under insured on our house.

He now says he will wait for the Camaro to be paid off until he gets the Corvette.  He does not want to give up the Camaro, though.  That, he says, is for DD when she starts driving.  She's 3 right now.  We'll see what happens. 

Quoting Marz31:

I wish we had the money to have daily drivers for us and a nice touring vehicle for trips that's a bit larger to fit more people and things but still good with gas, but there would never be a time when for two drivers, we had 5 cars! the insurance alone would be a budget killer, especially with two sports cars! But if it fits into the budget, you probably can't talk him out of it, huh?

Marz31
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 1:21 PM

hahahaha....yeah, I have said since I bought my Magnum that it would be the car DD learns to drive in (I bought it 2 years before she was even born) but I'm rethinking that because while I absolutely still love it, I'm not going to love sinking tons of money into it (there are little annoying things wrong like the  aux jack needs to be soldered and DD kicked one of the vents in the back and broke it, and I may or may not have backed into a post and done a tiny itty bit of damage, nothing major, people don't even notice, but at some point, I need to get it fixed). DH will need a new car first, he drives a 2000 Maxima, that we sunk over $3000 into last year, but it was ALL the major "leave you stranded on the side of the road" things so that's good to have those fixed. but we'll drive it into the ground as we won't get much for trade on it anyway. 14 years, Giuseppi has served us well. and thankfullly for about 4 years, he sat at a park and ride while DH took the bus to work, so the miles are lower than they would have been! 

a Truck is always nice to have around. that is true! 

CLEKate
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Ummm...do you have expensive toys as well? 

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I could if I wanted.  My biggest hobby is quilting and cross stitch.  Until recently, I hade no time, and right now, no space.  It is an expensive hobby, though.  Those sewing machines (I have at least 3 in storage right now) are pricey.

Quoting CLEKate:

Ummm...do you have expensive toys as well? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)