Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Plans for your career?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:00 PM
  • 20 Replies

Do you plan on doing what you're doing in your career right now for the rest of your life?

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:06 PM

No, this job is just a way for me to survive till my home business takes off.  I want to be able to stay at home and be there for my kids.  But it's not a bad job till then.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Yes.  I love my job.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:36 PM
No, but I easily could. I plan to go consultant when DH gets back to work. I don't want someone dictating my time forever
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I don't plan on doing this forever. I don't have a dream job or another plan in mind. Hopefully when SD graduates high school, we can move to somewhere warm. I'd like to have a lower stress job, and with supporting 1 kid instead of 5, that should be easier to do :)

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:25 PM
I love my job and company. I will do this as long as they allow me lol.
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I love the company I work for so I plan to drift from position to position within the company as long as they'll let me.  I hope to advance, but whether I do or not I think I'm with this company for good.

RhiannonMare
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Yes, in one way or another. I'm a vet assistant right now and am in vet tech school. I'm working in emergency/critical care medicine right now. I may end up going back into day practice or may work somewhere else entirely. But I'll always be working in veterinary medicine in some capacity.

JeremysMom
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:31 PM

No, my job ends in August and after that I will be doing my student teaching. 

SparklyCoffee
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:16 AM

I'm not sure. 

I think I will be good here until the kids are out of school. I get good, inexpensive benifiets, I work 32 hours a week, and they are super flexible with my kids and their sports. I like the people I work with and it is low stress. 

My cap out pay is decent here too, but I will be honest and say I am not challanged. I have a pretty easy job. So I will eventually be bored but I have no idea if I could find ANYTHING comparable in pay to leave.....

Marz31
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I have no plans to move on from where I am and would be happy to retire from here. my job changes enough that it stays interesting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN