Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Long Night Ahead

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:35 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

ODD is having her first sleepover with her cousin.  BIL and SIL have huskies, and a carpet, and they smoke (in the garage, but still).  ODD has dog allergies and asthma.  We have short haired dogs, no carpet, and they are banned from her room.  I sent all her necessary meds along, but I am hitting that point in the night where my kids should be well into dreamland (she sleepwalks too) and she isn't here.  Now I know why my mom never slept until all four of us kids were home.  

DH is asleep, and YDD is wide awake for now, but I get the feeling it will be me and the inside of my mind all too soon.  I have housework to do, maybe that will distract me lol.

Update-she came home coughing pretty frequently, started our asthma plan once we got home.  I guess her cousin wet the bed last night and they were sharing it so now she needs a bath and her clothes are going in the laundry. She had fun though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:55 AM
i still worry a bit my adult kids lol. its a parental thing. at least try to rest.
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting calsmom62: i still worry a bit my adult kids lol. its a parental thing. at least try to rest.

My mom had trouble adjusting when we moved away for college lol.  YDD is finally asleep.  Our lab/shepherd is giving me slightly confused looks because he doesn't know where ODD is.  He is used to sleeping close to their door, and reacts when she has a nightmare or goes sleepwalking.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 1:04 AM
aww the dog misses her. that is loyalty
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Quoting calsmom62: aww the dog misses her. that is loyalty

Yeah he's a good dog.  Not the brightest, but generally well behaved (for a just over two year old lab/shepherd anyway lol) and a very loyal and protective dog.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 1:12 AM
i love that mix. they are sweet easygoing. and always happy you came home
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting calsmom62: i love that mix. they are sweet easygoing. and always happy you came home

Nothing like a half grown 80+ pound dog bouncing around to greet you coming in the door lol.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 7:53 AM
How was the sleepover? How did you fare?
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:31 AM
When is she coming home?
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting calsmom62: How was the sleepover? How did you fare?

I fell asleep for about three hours.  I won't see her until time for church.  They didn't call us saying she was so bad she needed to be picked up.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Quoting cjsmom1: When is she coming home?

She'll be home after church, we live across from the church so we should see her around 9:30/9:45 when the van drops her off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)