Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you watch the olympics?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

Do you ever watch the olympics? Winter? Summer? Both?

Do you watch these events when it's not olympic-time? Or do you only watch them during the olympics?

by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I like to watch depending on the event. I like figure skating and some of the ski events but I'm not big into winter olympics. I much prefer summer. Gymnastics, diving, volleyball....

Oddly - I only watch these sports when the olympics are on. And even then, I'm not a steady viewer.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM

I love watching gymnastics.  I will watch that outside of Olympics, but rarely during the Olympics

Marz31
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Yup, we watch, but we tend to watch the CBC coverage (still mad that the other Canadian station got the Vancouver coverage, we don't get that station). they actually play LIVE events from 11p-3a, which seems late, but hey, halfway around the world and all. and they tend to show a LOT more than just the US team, which is great, but well.....

RhiannonMare
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 2:54 PM

I usually watch the winter games, but I chose not to this time because of the politics involved and what they were doing to the dogs. As a LGBT activist and an animal rights activist, I said no to watching the games this time around.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM

no, I don't. Although if I fall asleep with the tv on, I wake up to curling the last few mornings lol

aubsmom09
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM

No, not usually. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Not this time around. I turned it on on once, and my 4 yo saw that ski, then stop and shoot with a rifle sport, and he's been begging for a gun and to go sling ever since..........he watched the figure skaters and wasn't that impressed!!
StreetsAhead
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Both.

Summer for the athletics and cycling 

Winter for it all - I am Swiss :)

beachbum74
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:26 PM

I love the Olympics and I watch all of them. 

I do watch some of the sports when they are on and it's not the Olympics. Oddly though I watch them more during the Olympics. There is just something about the Olympics that is so awesome. 

beachbum74
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:28 PM

@RhiannonMare I had a hard time too with them being in Russia but it is not the athlete's fault and I support our athletes and the athletes of all countries. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)