Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate doing training

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:57 PM
  • 7 Replies

I hate doing training new employees and have been doing it this week.I work at a women's clothing store as a sales person.My boss hired a new 18 year old girl last week and had me train her.It has been a headache.Thinks she knows everything and does not.I trained her to do some things and gets it all wrong,comes back to me with me seeing it.I tell her she is doing it all wrong and says she is not.I have had it and told my boss to get someone else to do it.My boss understands and I told her that this girl does not dress right.Came in wearing a short skirt and I told her read the policy,no short skirts.I know the policy very well,skirts up to knee length are worn only and no revealing clothing.My boss wants me to do the training of new employees and I hate it.I told her that I don't want to do it anymore.

by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Sorry about that.

Do they offer any classes to teach people how to be trainees? That might help you learn how to coach new employees or deal with different behaviors and personality types.

Often training leads to better annual reviews and more money??? If it doesn't in your case, I would just voice your request nicely with your boss.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Well, 18 is an age where they know EVERYTHING!  And want to flaunt the body.  It sucks.  Hopefully your boss will take your wishes into account when new hires come in.

haileyj1
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:01 PM

My boss has someone that does the training of new employees,she has been gone for this whole week to be with her dad for some reason.I just signed up for the general manager spot today and hopefully hear the news on that in a couple weeks.I have been working at this clothing store for 6 years and I am top on the senoirity list.This 18 year old is just started to doing it right finally,now to get her to wear non revealing clothing now.

JeremysMom
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Quoting haileyj1:

My boss has someone that does the training of new employees,she has been gone for this whole week to be with her dad for some reason.I just signed up for the general manager spot today and hopefully hear the news on that in a couple weeks.I have been working at this clothing store for 6 years and I am top on the senoirity list.This 18 year old is just started to doing it right finally,now to get her to wear non revealing clothing now.

Good luck with that. With being a general manager, you have to be able to do things that you don't like. If you told your boss that you don't want to train new hirees, you may have just blown your chance at the promotion. 

haileyj1
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM

I have not blown my chances on the promotion yet,some can be a pain in the butt to train going by the book.

BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I understand about trying to get them to not wear revealing clothing.  I worked for someone a their bartender/manager and my job was to make sure waitresses did their job and folowed the rules.  This one wouldn't listen and several times I reminded her that she was not to wear that type of clothes and that the next time she did, she would be sent home to change.  Well guess what, she came in with revealing shirt on and she got sent home not once but twice.  She didn't do it again.

haileyj1
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:20 PM

It was right after I starting working for my boss 5 years ago,got a pile load of complaints on one employee wearing revealing clothing customers.Told this employee not to do it warned 2 times and the third time she got fired the third time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)