Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taylor Swift

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:06 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

There was a local family that had 4 members killed in a plane crash last week - grandma, grandpa, mom, teenage daughter. The crash happened in Nashville - we are in KS.

Apparently Taylor Swift (country music singer in case you aren't country music fans - very popular with the teens) heard through some grapevine that the teenager was a fan of hers and liked to play the guitar. She sent a huge bouquet of flowers to the girl's memorial service.

Thought that was interesting.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:10 AM

That was very sweet of Ms Swift.  I hear she does stuff like that for her fans.  Seems to be a very sweet person.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:24 AM
How horribly sad. Nice of Taylor, but a plane crash? So rare!
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Yeah, it was this one

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24633785/cattlemen-community-mourns-kansas-family-killed-in-plane-crash

Quoting Marti123: How horribly sad. Nice of Taylor, but a plane crash? So rare!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I have also heard that she is very giving to her fans and community. It's nice to hear stories like that - it's a nice break from the killing and discrimination and fighting news that takes over everything.

Quoting deccaf:

That was very sweet of Ms Swift.  I hear she does stuff like that for her fans.  Seems to be a very sweet person.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Very sweet of her
beachbum74
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:29 PM

I like her and think she's a good role model for my daughter. So much better than most the options out there! 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM

From what I've read about her she is an amazing person. I live in Reading, PA (a very poor area near where she grew up) and she donates tons of money to the library and other local organizations. On Christmas a young girl in the area died from cancer and one of her wishes was to speak to Taylor Swift. On the 23rd Taylor Swift did a video chat with her for like 20 minutes. The family said she was great, sweet, caring, and really got their daughter to open up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)