Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Finished!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:58 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

All three blankets and hats done!  Now I will finish YDD's stuffed orange monkey, and try booties later this week (maybe)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:47 AM

Great job!

preemiemom45
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Good job!! You're making a monkey too? Post pictures when you're done please!
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Quoting preemiemom45: Good job!! You're making a monkey too? Post pictures when you're done please!

A cloth monkey, not a crocheted one, though I have a friend who crochets animals.   The monkey is a (very) late birthday present for YDD.  

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Modeling the monkey lol.  Not the greatest thing I've made, but that's the pattern she picked, and she loves it :)

These patterns were in a little junk shop in our downtown area, $3 for the entire set, including a circus tent pattern.  The only problem I have is that they are not incredibly durable patterns, so I have to adapt them-this is the first time I made the monkey, I need to enlarge it and add to the pattern I think next time.  I would like to use these patterns as a base, and eventually have a full "zoo" for the girls-they get to pick a stuffed animal or other handmade item each year for their birthdays.  Next year ODD wants a crocheted blanket, YDD hasn't told me what she wants yet.  I have until December :) 

Quoting preemiemom45: Good job!! You're making a monkey too? Post pictures when you're done please!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Very cool!
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Very cute!!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 12:40 AM
So cute, they'll love them.
KHubbard03
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 9:18 AM

That's very cute.  How long did they take?

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Quoting KHubbard03:

That's very cute.  How long did they take?

I would say total probably four to six hours each.  I usually did it ten minutes at a time anytime I took a break at work or after the girls went to bed.  The little hats took twenty to thirty minutes each.  I have a bootie pattern I am trying and it takes about twenty minutes fir each bootie, so less than an hour for a pair.

KHubbard03
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I miss crocheting, it was so relaxing other than the sheer panic of losing count, LOL.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)