Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Learning letters

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:39 AM
  • 16 Replies
Steph is learning her letters.
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Mobile Photo

BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Very good.  I remember when mine were first learning.  The school they went to, now this has been 12+ years, used Zoo Phonics and all the letters were in shapes of animals.  Made it fun for them to learn and then as they got better the animal was gradually taken out of the letter.  They had a little song they sung too to learn the letters and sounds they make.

ljmom24
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Up down up down crossing at the middle that how my youngest learned his a. His homework for each letter is write 2 lines of upper and lower case so he say there "up down up down crossing in the middle" over and over and too cute
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Cool. It's fun to watch. We were working on those this weekend too. He can write his first name so I started working on his middle. My print is in blue and his is in Orange. This was the first crack at his middle name. It got more refined as we went.
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Mobile Photo

And his brother thinks drawing is sooo cool
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Any chance you remember the song?

Quoting BoopBettyBoop:

Very good.  I remember when mine were first learning.  The school they went to, now this has been 12+ years, used Zoo Phonics and all the letters were in shapes of animals.  Made it fun for them to learn and then as they got better the animal was gradually taken out of the letter.  They had a little song they sung too to learn the letters and sounds they make.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:24 PM
How old us he?

Quoting ljmom24: Up down up down crossing at the middle that how my youngest learned his a. His homework for each letter is write 2 lines of upper and lower case so he say there "up down up down crossing in the middle" over and over and too cute
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Awesome!!!

Quoting Nighttiger:

Mobile Photo

Cool. It's fun to watch. We were working on those this weekend too. He can write his first name so I started working on his middle. My print is in blue and his is in Orange. This was the first crack at his middle name. It got more refined as we went.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:25 PM
That's awesome! Love that big bro lets little bro work with him.

Quoting Nighttiger:

Mobile Photo

And his brother thinks drawing is sooo cool
BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I think i might still have it in my file cabinet at home. there was a little dance that went along with the sounds as well.  I will look tonight when I get home from work.  You might be able to find something if you search for Zoo Phonics.  The song is called "Come meet us at the Zoo"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)