Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Starting a website

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:27 AM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone got any advice about creating a website? I just want something simple to use that wont take up a great deal of time. I'm starting up a new business from home but the tech side is confusing me.

I've had a look around and seen this kind of thing http://website.1and1.com/how-to-build-a-website which seems pretty straightforward but some recommendations would be great.

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I use Wix currently.  I've also used Weebly and Yahoo ProStores in the past.  Of the three, Wix allows the most customization.  My only complaint is it doesn't give the option to add a blog.

Bluebell80
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I'm so sorry HotMama for just realizing today, that somebody commented about on this thread. I did think about Wix, but in the end, I did go for 1&1 for various reasons. So far so good with it. I'm still learning and I'm really enjoying beingmore tech savvy.

bascha
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 7:38 AM
It's a bit pricey, but DreamWeaver is awesome for building websites. ;)
HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Congrads on going for it.  I finally bit the bullet in July and bought my own dedicated URL.  I ended up switching to WordPress after asking for recommendations on LinkedIn.  I started a blog on my new site as well. 

Quoting Bluebell80:

I'm so sorry HotMama for just realizing today, that somebody commented about on this thread. I did think about Wix, but in the end, I did go for 1&1 for various reasons. So far so good with it. I'm still learning and I'm really enjoying beingmore tech savvy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN