Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Night time babysitter

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:30 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hey Ladies, I need some advice.

I am returning to work and my shift is from 10:45pm - 7:15am

My husband works 4pm to midnight. So the kids will need to be babysat from about 10pm to 1am until my husband can pick them up. What would be a good amount of pay to pay the babysitter? Also does anyone know where I can look specifically for an overnight sitter?

I asked a family member to watch them but I am afraid she is going to back out. She agreed to 75 a week per kid. I have two kids, they are 1yr olds. Do you think that is too much or do you think it is reasonable? I'm not trying to be cheap but at the same time I'm not making that much money from this job either.
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
you could try an aupair type arrangenent if you have a spare bedroom. like teade oart of their room and board for childcare. it would be perfect for a college student. they could go to school in the day and be there at night for the kids.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

If the family member agreed, I would say the price is fair.  Also, is it possible to get someone to stay in your home so the kids don't have interrupted sleep?

mandalyn74
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:16 AM

I am not sure what the right amount would be but it seems reasonable to expect to pay a lot less to someone who is just staying there just in case while your kids are asleep.

Miss_Metal_Spaz
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:16 PM
She backed down

Quoting deccaf:

If the family member agreed, I would say the price is fair.  Also, is it possible to get someone to stay in your home so the kids don't have interrupted sleep?

Miss_Metal_Spaz
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Right. Most likely I will be taking the kids to somebody's house and picking them up. They are normally awake at that time though.

Quoting mandalyn74:

I am not sure what the right amount would be but it seems reasonable to expect to pay a lot less to someone who is just staying there just in case while your kids are asleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN