Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My childcare update

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

All 3 kids will be going to traditional daycare center this summer, The Goddard School. It's not a bargain, but the benefits definitely are there, so I am at peace with decision. Little Mae will probably start in April, and my KGer will have to go back in before and after Y care until school is out, then it will be his last year to return to Goddard as he will be too old next year! 

I do have to pick up an extra day of work outside the home, on Saturdays to fund it, but that's life with 3! But I will be home with children on Fridays and DH and the children on Sundays. I will also continue teaching at the university, which is very forgiving and flexible, so I can make it to parties, field trips, etc. and be more available for sick days majority of the time.

thanks to everyone who served as my sounding board over the past year, a lot of time and research went into this decision! 

by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I'm glad you have found a solution that works for you.  I am going to be starting the process of finding the private school for Steph.  She may have to start in the Pre-K, in order to ensure a spot in KG.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Glad you have it figured out :-) We are still pondering with ours. RJ seems way too small still for daycare at 8 months but I know DH could use the break and to work some. I don't want to pull ds1 because he's doing so good but we can't afford someone at our house unless we do.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:27 PM
I've heard good things about Goddard!
Marz31
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I'm glad to hear you have a good plan in place. Sorry about the additional work, but in a few years, when the youngest is in school, you'll be able to change that!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:51 AM

I've heard great things about the Goddard School. Glad you were able to make a decision you can be happy about! :)

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM
That's what I keep thinking, but everyone tells me, it'll be another bill or activity come that time! Kiddos are pricey little things, lol!

Quoting Marz31:

I'm glad to hear you have a good plan in place. Sorry about the additional work, but in a few years, when the youngest is in school, you'll be able to change that!

Marz31
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Oh, it's true that some of the expenses don't go away, but I don't see myself ever HAVING to spend $17 grand like we did the year my daughter was an infant (and that was only 11 months!). not to mention diapers, wipes, clothes every 2-3 months. clothes cost more per item but your kids will wear them longer. activites will be there, but they won't be a grand+ a month. at least not until they get into like premiere leagues in their teens. but yeah, kids are NEVER free, and usually a lot more money than people think!

Quoting Marti123: That's what I keep thinking, but everyone tells me, it'll be another bill or activity come that time! Kiddos are pricey little things, lol!

Quoting Marz31:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)