Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Unethical and Illegal.

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:29 AM
  • 4 Replies

We now have a new office manager in my office. We worked for a year without one and everything ran smoothly. My department of employees picked up the extra work for the General Manager and did it without pay, just to help our our GM who always helps us out when we need it. 

That isn't even my problem. Our Gm just wants out the door. She wants to retire and has given up on everything going on around her. 

The new office manager has been here about a month. She hasn't worked a full work week, she hasn't made a single cash deposit in that entire time. Yesterday she was a no call no show. We got in her desk with permission from the GM to get something and we found an envelope marked $316. Which should have been the amount deposited, but there was only $216 in the envelope. We did not find the other $100 anywhere else in the desk and even checked the petty cash box.

Today happened to be payday and first thing she did was come in and say she had to go to the bank. She had enough time to come up with a story about the missing $100 that she said was just in a different spot. 

I feel like something needs to be said to our head office and the GM seems to be just letting this behavior slide.  There are 3 of us who have to handle money and give the cash we get to her and I don't want to be even considered responsible if this cash goes missing again. 

How do I even handle this? Should I go to head office HR or contact someone higer up in the company? 

by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JessiFaye
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Start with HR. This happened to a friend of mine; her office partner (she works at a doctor's office) was supposed to be in charge of their deposits from co-pays, etc. Money started turning up missing and would mysteriously reappear on paydays. They warned her, and when it kept happening, they had enough documentation to fire her. You have to protect yourself. Don't accuse her to your HR department; just explain what you saw.

krystalmaye2429
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

We have a anon number for our HR, but I am not so sure I want go that route. I might Email her just so I have it documented that I reported it and they knew about it. I will just put in the email that I want to remain anon for further investigation. 

Quoting JessiFaye:

Start with HR. This happened to a friend of mine; her office partner (she works at a doctor's office) was supposed to be in charge of their deposits from co-pays, etc. Money started turning up missing and would mysteriously reappear on paydays. They warned her, and when it kept happening, they had enough documentation to fire her. You have to protect yourself. Don't accuse her to your HR department; just explain what you saw.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Make sure any cash you give her is counted immediately and signed off BY HER that she received exactly that amount, receipt to you.  Explain to your boss that you think there may be a problem.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:24 PM
This! Document everything

Quoting deccaf:

Make sure any cash you give her is counted immediately and signed off BY HER that she received exactly that amount, receipt to you.  Explain to your boss that you think there may be a problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN