Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Meal planning help

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:39 PM
  • 27 Replies

Last week there was a post about what's for dinner. I was on vacation so I didn't have a menu to post, but it got me thinking....

I'm always looking for new ideas, and old things that have fallen off my menu rotation. Would anyone be interested in a weekly post in this group for the weekly meal plan? We could all post what's on our menus for the week. Wouldn't have to be anything too detailed or complex.

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:51 PM
I would. Last night I made French dip sandwiches using the crock pot. It was soooo good. Tonight is chicken nuggets homemade and tomorrow is crock pot chili
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Sure!  Last night was coconut panko breaded chicken with rice and butternut squash.  Yum.

Tonight will be take out since I'm getting my taxes done after work.

Eternity807
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:00 PM

I would love your recipe for the french dip sandwiches.

Quoting Nighttiger: I would. Last night I made French dip sandwiches using the crock pot. It was soooo good. Tonight is chicken nuggets homemade and tomorrow is crock pot chili

Eternity807
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Last night was shake and bake chicken with scalloped potatoes.  Tonight will be frozen food since DH will not be home.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:15 PM

We are having chicken and broccoli stir fry tonight, french dip sandwiches tomorrow, lemon tilapia Thursday, and chicken breakfast burritos Friday (Fridays are my breakfast nights-waffles, pancakes, biscuit sandwiches, etc)

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Interesting....I was actually thinking the same thing because now that we have are in softball season, it's going to be really really busy and I need ideas. 

Also, what about a "featured dinner" with recipe?

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I love sharing recipes :)

Quoting M4LG5:

Interesting....I was actually thinking the same thing because now that we have are in softball season, it's going to be really really busy and I need ideas. 

Also, what about a "featured dinner" with recipe?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Last night was Boston Market. but tonight was philly steak and cheese made on the cast iron griddle in the oven. Tomorrow is steak tips with potatoes onions and tomatoes baked in the oven. Its in a 9x13 pan in the fridge ready to throw in the oven late tomorrow afternoon
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:12 PM
do you just add shredded coconut to the panko crumbs?

Quoting deccaf:

Sure!  Last night was coconut panko breaded chicken with rice and butternut squash.  Yum.

Tonight will be take out since I'm getting my taxes done after work.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Girl, I am like one of those crazy foodie people that would post pictures of my dinner very night, until I realize the group would be like "what the heck is up with this Marti chic and her damn food pictures? Doesn't she know it's a working moms group? Not a bon appetite blog?" Haha!

But back to the original topic, I'd love to post my weekly menus!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN