Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Things are getting easier

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:18 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had my follow up appointment with my diabetic dr the other day. My A1C went from 8.7 to 7.6 in 3 months which is good. I'm currently 50 lbs down from my starting weight and we decided to set a 10 lb weight loss goal by my next appointment the end of May. The dr said that it looks really promising for me to be able to lower my medication and possible even get off it completely if I continue to do what I've been doing. Now to just get off my butt and exercise again lol.

DH is doing okay as far as seeing Jackson. I do wish he'd make more of an effort during the week but I know that's not always possible since he works 3rd shift. He has picking him up on the weekend around 9am and keeping him until 2 or 3 pm each day. He did pick Jackson up around 10am last Saturday and kept him until 6pm Sunday night. The break was nice. Jackson also got to spend yesterday with DH since my in-laws had an appointment in Houston.

I feel like I'm handling the whole separation pretty well emotionally. I do have moments where I get depressed but I know that's normal. I'm so glad that I have so many people that are supportive around me to help me deal with everything. DH seems happier now which is nice to see but also hurts, if that makes any sense.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, congrats on the weight loss and good news on the diabetes front!

I am so glad that your DH is being supportive, I think he was angry about his parents helping you originally, right?

You know you've got us if you ever need a more anonymous vent session.  None of us know you IRL.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:32 AM

He's still refusing to talk to his parents which I think is crazy but that's on him.

I've really only had one really bad day recently and unfortunately it was when I was watching my niece and nephews. I think I just got to the point that I was so overwhelmed since I'd been watching them M-F from 4p until my brother got off work around 1, plus working my job, for 2 weeks with only getting a break on the weekends. I ended up curled up on my brother's kitchen floor, bawling. My niece kept asking me what was wrong (she's such a little mommy lol) I couldn't think what to say since she's 4 so I just told her I was sad.

Quoting deccaf:

Well, congrats on the weight loss and good news on the diabetes front!

I am so glad that your DH is being supportive, I think he was angry about his parents helping you originally, right?

You know you've got us if you ever need a more anonymous vent session.  None of us know you IRL.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow! Sounds like you're doing great with your weight loss! That could help also with your medications, etc. Keep it up! :)

I'm glad you're able to work out child issues with your DH. So many time one or the other parent just turns into a butthead in a situation like this. It's good that he is taking your DS on the weekends. I'm sure that's helping your DS with adjusting to the new normal.

Hang in there! We are here if you need to "talk" - sometimes it's easier to do with people you don't actually know!!

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Believe me I know all too well how horrible it could be. My brother is dealing with the same thing with his stb-ex wife. She's constantly rude to him in front of the kids even after he's asked her to try to be civil in front of them. It's almost like a hostage exchange when she gets the kids on Tuesdays and the 1st, 3rd and 5th weekend of the month. Seeing what they're going through definitely makes me watch what is said and done in front of Jackson. I don't even like anyone to say anything bad about DH in front of Jackson and have actually told them it's not something that needs to be discussed atm. I may not be happy with Michael at the moment but he's still my sons daddy.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Wow! Sounds like you're doing great with your weight loss! That could help also with your medications, etc. Keep it up! :)

I'm glad you're able to work out child issues with your DH. So many time one or the other parent just turns into a butthead in a situation like this. It's good that he is taking your DS on the weekends. I'm sure that's helping your DS with adjusting to the new normal.

Hang in there! We are here if you need to "talk" - sometimes it's easier to do with people you don't actually know!!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:18 PM

My husband and his ex cannot stand each other. Sometimes, depending on their moods, they can tolerate each other for kid events like concerts, graduation, etc. BUT....in the beginning DH would make snide comments to the kids about their mother, and she still continues to badmouth DH in front of the kids - even going so far as to tell SS17 that DH didn't want him and contacted his lawyer to give up his rights. (Which, if you've read any of my SS posts, you know the real reason that happened.).

anyway - It's so much better for the kids and easier on them if the bad stuff stays between Mom and Dad. I applaud you for being able to do that.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Believe me I know all too well how horrible it could be. My brother is dealing with the same thing with his stb-ex wife. She's constantly rude to him in front of the kids even after he's asked her to try to be civil in front of them. It's almost like a hostage exchange when she gets the kids on Tuesdays and the 1st, 3rd and 5th weekend of the month. Seeing what they're going through definitely makes me watch what is said and done in front of Jackson. I don't even like anyone to say anything bad about DH in front of Jackson and have actually told them it's not something that needs to be discussed atm. I may not be happy with Michael at the moment but he's still my sons daddy.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:30 PM

My stepmom was great at doing the same thing. She was constantly telling me and my brother that our mom didn't want us and how worthless she was. My mom was good about bad mouthing my dad quite a bit too though. I think growing up having to deal with that is a big reason why I don't want to do the same thing. It hurt my relationship with both my mom and stepmom for a long time.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

My husband and his ex cannot stand each other. Sometimes, depending on their moods, they can tolerate each other for kid events like concerts, graduation, etc. BUT....in the beginning DH would make snide comments to the kids about their mother, and she still continues to badmouth DH in front of the kids - even going so far as to tell SS17 that DH didn't want him and contacted his lawyer to give up his rights. (Which, if you've read any of my SS posts, you know the real reason that happened.).

anyway - It's so much better for the kids and easier on them if the bad stuff stays between Mom and Dad. I applaud you for being able to do that.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN