Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Now what??

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:10 AM
  • 3 Replies
I was working 2 part time jobs. One job offerede full time so I accepted it. I am still working the other part time because my hours are extremely flexible. However...my full time job is from 8-5, but my daycare closes at 5 and it takes me at least 20 min to drive to daycare. I want to ask my boss if I can take a 1/2 hour for lunch instead of an hour and leave at 4:30. I'm worried about asking that and don't really know how. Luckily my daycare provider is understanding and is being patient with me but she won't forever.
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Talk to your boss and explain the situation. A lot of companies are flexible when it comes to things like this. Unfortunately, some aren't and that may be the case here. But - you will never know unless you ask.

Just let your boss know that you are really grateful for the job opportunity, however, it is causing problems with daycare because they close at the same time you get off work. Ask if you can take a 30 minute lunch and leave 20 minutes early. Worst they'll do is say no.

I think that's all you can do, unless you want to look for another job or a different daycare provider.

bldsukr
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:13 AM
If you don't ask, it's a no. But if you do ask, you could get a yes! You won't be any worse off then you were before you talked to your boss, so just do it! :) Good Luck!
P.S. Have you ever thought of going into business for yourself? You can work from home and won't have to answer to a boss! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:47 PM
why dont you work through lunch and leave at 4
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)