Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

A nosey co worker tried to report me

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:02 PM
  • 21 Replies

A nosey co worker tried to report me for drug use today.I smoke marijuana,the medical grade marijuana and it helps out for a couple medical problems I have.I get migraine headaches and have Fibromyalgia.Luckily my boss pulled up my records and has a copy of my medical marijuana card in my records.This co worker was not happy and my boss was on my side.My other co workers understand why I smoke medical marijuana.Where I work at,there is an anti drug policy in place and I am exempt on this.I smoke one a day at work,I do it outside.

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:26 PM
4 moms liked this
Even though you have a medical card most businesses ban usage at work. it is unusual you are allowed to do so
alexisb3
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Have a copy of a letter from my doctor also in my records.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:34 PM

There could be quite a few opinions on this matter. 

Although that being said, I only wish for good outcomes for group members, so I hope everything calms down and you are feeling alright.

alexisb3
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:42 PM

I am doing great,it helps out with the migraines and fibromylagia which has been making me feel better.

RhiannonMare
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:39 PM
I've had fibromyalgia for 18 years and I've never read anywhere in the medical literature that pot helps with fibro. I've also never had a doctor suggest that to me.
alexisb3
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:09 AM

I did research on it,medical marijuana helps with the fibro and my doctor even did it

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

At my office, even with the card, it's a fireable offense.  Regardless of when you smoked, if it's in your system during a drug screen, you are fired. 

alexisb3
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM

It got to the point I don't do it there anymore

sakpoints
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:45 PM
I am shocked they ever allowed at work, but I think a lot depends on the work being done. I could see heavy machine operators and truck drivers keeping zero tolerance policies.
alexisb3
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 6:51 AM

I am president of human resources,don't operate any machinery.The shop I work at,anyone operating equipment  and machines can't and there is a policy in place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)