Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Sick of morning sickness!!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:19 PM
  • 11 Replies
PLEASE ANYADVICE!!!!

I am so tired of morning sickness... I have tried everything I can think my of. Smallness, crackers, peppermint, ginger, vitamin b6, ginger ale, 7up, cracker, crackers, CRACKERS......
no matter what, everything comes back up, even water. I feel nauseous all the time. My Dr said to up the B6 and wait two weeks to see what happens. Urghhhh!
This happened my last pregnancy until 17wks. I'm currently at 8wks.

What did you do for morning sickness?
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:30 AM

gatorade to replace the electrolytes and it is aborbed quicker versus water just sloshing around in there.  Cant help you much because mine usually lasts for the duration of my ENTIRE pregnancy and sometime even during labor, I am still vomiting! 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Bitched & Moaned!!! As nothing, nothing relieved how horrible I felt......

Rested when not working.

Smoothies and fruits high in pectin.

Small meals. Higher protein

Potatoes.

Lots of ginger.

Soda water to make me burp, lol.

Then tried Vit B6, prescription Phenergan, reglan, and Zofran (although it caused other problems)

But in the end, time only helped!

Hang in there!
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:08 PM
I got nothin. Sorry! I was lucky and never had any morning sickness.
Marti mentioned ginger. I have heard that it helps with tummy issues, and I do take ginger tablets when traveling (For motion sickness) so might try that. Can't hurt, right?!
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:31 PM
the worst nausea I had was like a constant companion. i felt like I had to nibble on something to keep it at bay weirdly roast beef (rare ) made me feel better

Eternity807
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:07 AM

I had really bad morning sickness with my DD and didn't want to eat anything.  I found I could stomach a protein shake in the morning by taking small sips.  It helped get my day off to a slightly better start.  Other than that, I just constanly tried to keep food in my belly, nibbled on dried ginger, and accepted that I would be throwing up a lot.

aggiemom99
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:57 AM

I absolutely feel your pain.  My morning sickness started at 5 weeks, and din't stop until the day my DD was born.  I lost 17 pounds in the first 5 months.  Because I was unable to keep anything down, my doctor prescribed Zofran.  I took it 4 times/day through 5 months, and then once a day through the end.  Up until 5 months, I was only able to eat cheese, and I could only drink lemonade.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Try a banana.  It's supposed to be really good for morning sickness AND heartburn.

BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Sorry but Gatorade is one of the worst things that you can drink.  There are much better alternatives out there than that.

Unfortunately with me, my dr. had to put me on a prescription to help with my morning sickness.  It was only really bad with my dd, and nothing that I did helped.  Just keep looking to that small light in the future when then "morning" sickness eventually goes away.  Hugs!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 11, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Honestly I didn't have bad morning sickness. However I found it went away completely if I had an egg and a slice of cheese on toast first thing in the morning. My body needed that protein boost.
aj_mom
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Got a script for phenagren (sp).  They also have nausea meds you can get OTC that my OB ok'ed me to take.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN