Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

The weekend

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:10 PM
  • 8 Replies

Did everyone have a good weekend? What exciting things did you do?

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:11 PM

We didn't do anything exciting. Our kidless weekend turned into - What all will we do for SD because her mother isn't doing it? - Things like, picking her up from cheerleading, taking her to cheerleading, feeding her supper at 9:30 pm because her mother was out of town and locked her out of the house......Good stuff.

Other than that, watched SD cheer at the basketball game Saturday night, housecleaning, and enjoying the nice weather! Last weekend it was -7. Yesterday, mid-60's!

I should add: I do not mind doing things for SD. Please don't go there with this. All I'm saying is that it was her weekend to be at her mother's, and I would think that her mother could take care of basic things like this for 4 days a month. That is all.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:31 PM

I didn't do anything too exciting. I played softball Friday night with a friend and then chilled out at her house afterwards. Jackson got to play with her 3 boys and we both had fun. Saturday and Sunday Jackson spent a couple hours with his dad and then Sunday DH and I talked a little bit before he went home. It was nice to sit down and catch up with him. I found out that he's looking for a 1st shift job so he can spend more time with Jackson and that his back pain has gotten a lot better which is good.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I started working Saturdays so I can afford daycare for all 3 children this summer, woooooohoooooooo! Don't be too jealous of the excitement!

We watched Phineas and ferb the movie for movie night and we put together a bug diarama as well! My KG finally mastered his sight words. And the boys each did wood working project with Daddy. 

i cooed and laughed my Mae, she is just the sweetest thing ever! And worked on ignoring my 4 year hitting me when tantruming as our latest discipline technique. I think it might be working, his tantrums are getting shorter, maybe? I love him too, but damn he's high maintenance. And this week will be a doozy with the time change and all *sigh* 

sorry about taxi driving, that lady is worthless, amazing she made it through 4 pregnancies and all! 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:55 PM

RhiannonMare
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 6:46 PM

It was Yorkie Weekend and Seizure Sunday. We had several Yorkie patients. One was a hot mess: bladder stones, a septic gallbladder, a mass on his spleen and getting ready to develop pancreatitis. Another Yorkie was at the losing end of a BDLD confrontation. As the little dog loser she was a wreck.

We had several dogs who were there for seizure watch. One was actively seizuring and it was due to a brain tumor.

We had some dog patients that were nasty tempered and wanted to bite everyone. It's always the small dogs who are the biters. I'd much rather have pitties, Dobies or Rotties as patients than small dogs.

So nothing terribly exciting this weekend. It was a typical busy weekend at work for me.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Good thing SD has you for SM.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

We didn't do anything exciting. Our kidless weekend turned into - What all will we do for SD because her mother isn't doing it? - Things like, picking her up from cheerleading, taking her to cheerleading, feeding her supper at 9:30 pm because her mother was out of town and locked her out of the house......Good stuff.

Other than that, watched SD cheer at the basketball game Saturday night, housecleaning, and enjoying the nice weather! Last weekend it was -7. Yesterday, mid-60's!

I should add: I do not mind doing things for SD. Please don't go there with this. All I'm saying is that it was her weekend to be at her mother's, and I would think that her mother could take care of basic things like this for 4 days a month. That is all.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Nah, I think most people would do the same for her. Thank you though :)

Quoting calsmom62: Good thing SD has you for SM.
Quoting adamsmom0116:

mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:15 AM
We attended my godson's bar mitzvah. It was a great weekend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN