Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

St Patrick's Day

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:44 AM
  • 16 Replies

Do you do anything special for St Patrick's Day? Does your family have any traditions or do you cook a special meal? Corned beef and cabbage anyone??

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:44 AM

We don't usually do anything other than wear green to avoid being pinched. But, this year, I have a half head of cabbage so I might come up with something festive for dinner.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:35 AM
I always do corned beef for sure. I used to make a Guinness cake with Irish cream icing, but now with the children, I think I may make Rice Krispie treats with green sprinkles.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I splurged and bought Mae a outfit too!
ljmom24
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I am off because my little one school is closed. Its also a different holiday here (evacuation day...supposibly the day the british left Boston but still think its an excuse for the heavily Irish population here to have it off) DH and I usually see a local irsh punk band but skipping this year because we have a school fund raiser. Taking the kids to a parade the day before and since I am home going to do a boiled dinner for hubby.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:38 PM
I usually buy the boys a green St. Patrick's day shirt to wear. This year they have matching shirts. I love corned beef and cabbage, but my oldest son, who is half Irish, he hates it. I laugh and joke with him, saying I buy it for him, but I actually buy it for me!
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:32 PM
We try to wear green. I usually try to make corned beef but DH said he doesn't really like corned beef in general so IDK if I will do it this year
leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:42 AM
I did buy a corned beef brisket that I'll make on Sunday. Nobody will be home for dinner Monday
Mommabearbergh
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:50 AM
Boiled dinner
Boston st pattys day parade
Then down to the family bar where I will be hearing shipping up to Boston countless times
weaveress
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:55 AM

my kids and i set out leprechaun boxes the night before and then they have all day st patricks day to find them. they are filled with treasures from the leprechauns and then hidden somewhere in the house. 

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 10:02 AM
cute. never heard of this

Quoting weaveress:

my kids and i set out leprechaun boxes the night before and then they have all day st patricks day to find them. they are filled with treasures from the leprechauns and then hidden somewhere in the house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)