Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Laptop shopping

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:22 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am in need of a laptop. I currently have a little hp netbook that has been good to me and still works just fine, I just need something bigger. I was just looking at the hp Envy, but I was curious what you all have or if you have any reccomendations or ones to stay away from.

thanks!

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep away from anything with Windows 8.  It really kinda sucks.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:36 PM
I agree with the Windows 8 comment. We havehad great luck with the Toshiba satellite line of laptops. They tend to be less expensive with great stats. DH has had his newest one for 3 yrs now. it's about time to upgrade for us too :-)
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:37 PM
And I will add dh goes for bigger too since he trades on it. His is 17"
Mommy383
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Quoting deccaf:

Keep away from anything with Windows 8.  It really kinda sucks.

Windows 8 is awful.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:10 AM

No help really, I only use tablets. I do not like my Lenovo at work, but don''the know the processor speed and things.

how are your chickens?

smorgan865
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

My next laptop purchase will be a Macbook Air. I currently have an old (like 8 or 9 years old :) ) MacBook (the white kind that they made before they started making the "Pro" line that is metal). 

My preference is to stay as far away from Windows as possible, lol.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Aw Thanks for asking :-)

I might have lost one today. She had a nest out in the woods and when I went to check on her today, her and her nest were gone. Everyone else is doing good!

Quoting Marti123:

No help really, I only use tablets. I do not like my Lenovo at work, but don''the know the processor speed and things.

how are your chickens?

Josie_P
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I have a MacBook Pro. Love it. No problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:47 AM

I have a Dell something or other. It's about 4 years old or so. I like it. It has a purple cover and I keep it in a pink bag hoping the boys will leave it alone! :) I don't do much with it other than internet stuff (bill pay, etc) and keep all my spreadsheets for DS's boy scout pack.

12crazykids
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I love my Lenovo laptop.  I did a ton of research before buying.  One of my clients works for a computer company and he gave me a list of lap tops worked on the most and those that have the least amount of issues.  Lenovo "think books, idea book and work books" were all on the list of least issues.

Dell was top if the issues list for trouble.  Might be because they are more common but I chose to stay away from Dell.

I've had my Lenovo for 4 years now and have not had a single issue with it.

My DH just bought a new desk top and it has Windows 8.  At first we used a shell program that made everything still look and work like the old Windows but we caved and did a tutorial of Windows 8 and actually once you understand and use it, it really is easier to use/navigate your computer.  I was NOT a believer until we tried it and it really isn't bad at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)