Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I need a big Washing Machine

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

I got my bonus and at least part of it needs to go to a new washing machine.  If I am spending the $ anyway, I would rather get one that will successfully wash my king size comforter so I can stop spending $ and DH time at the laundremat.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:39 PM
No clue. Ours is large capacity and fits our queen comforter but it came with the house and is nothing special :-)
Kmcasey9
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I will need to look at mine.  I got it a few years ago.  It is a large capacity with no agitator (it looks like a citrus juicer on the inside).  It fits my king-sized comforter.  The only problem is that my dryer isn't large capacity, so it takes quite a bit of time to dry the clothes when I fill up my washer :/  I LOVE it!!  It has been a great purchase!!  Enjoy your new washer!

BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:48 PM

I have an LG front loader and can't believe how much fits in it.  Never thought I would like a front  loader but i really love this one!

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:08 PM
we have an he extea large capacity frontloader from kenmore. it can handle my queen comforters. but. so could my extralarge kenmote regular top loader and when this he machine wears out. im going back to the old style. i hate not being able to have a soak cycle.
angelicav12
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:48 PM

My husband and I recently purchased a new washer,a whirlpool top loader with an agitator and my appliance repairman told us what to buy and what not to buy.He said to avoid the front loaders,the door can come open during the washing cycle and has seen this happen 5 times making a big mess.Said to void the electronic ones with the computer boards also,is expensive when the electronics fail.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)