Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Who here wishes they were a SAHM?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:23 PM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this
I do... For the most part... Like I would want to work one or two nights a week like 6p-11p
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraBelle9812
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Bump
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I have moments where I wish I was just a stay at home person, lol! Luckily they pass quick! I do wish I could work fewer hours.

LauraBelle9812
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess that is really what I want... Not HAVE to work and pick and choose when I do... I would lose my mind if I was at home ALL day EVERYDAY.... But I just worry about missing out on my daughter growing up... She is 5 months and time seems to be flying... Besides my work day... I should be grateful I only work 4 days 10hrs a day... It just sucks cause I live and hr away

Quoting Marti123:

I have moments where I wish I was just a stay at home person, lol! Luckily they pass quick! I do wish I could work fewer hours.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:49 PM

It is hard to leave them! It's hard to juggle all of life's demands working outside the home! I totally understand. My baby girl is 5 months too! They grow so fast. I want her back tiny again, lol.

Quoting LauraBelle9812: I guess that is really what I want... Not HAVE to work and pick and choose when I do... I would lose my mind if I was at home ALL day EVERYDAY.... But I just worry about missing out on my daughter growing up... She is 5 months and time seems to be flying... Besides my work day... I should be grateful I only work 4 days 10hrs a day... It just sucks cause I live and hr away
Quoting Marti123:

LauraBelle9812
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:54 PM
I guess I just have guilt... But I would probably have guilt if I wasn't working... Like we could afford ____ if I was working... Maybe feeling guilty is part of being a mom...

My daughter Emma was born Oct 13th when was yours?
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Not me. I would go out of my ever-loving mind! But, we live in a house I don't like in a super small town that I don't like, and we'll be here for 3 more years...until SD graduates high school. If we lived somewhere else, maybe. But, I do enjoy having that part of my life that is mine, and not wrapped up in everyone else. And the money is nice :)
dinahrp
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:45 AM

I have 4 kids and a full time career.  With my last 2 babies I took off 1.5 years, and then 2 years.  Though I did enjoy those moments at home with them, staying at home is not for me.  I got depressed, I felt useless.  No, I did not have post partum depression.  I went back to work and I am fortunate to be able to take off when I need to.  But with that being said my time with my kids is valuable.  I spend as much time with them as possible.

kman88
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I work part time (28 hours/week) its nice spending my days with DD but I go to work when her dad gets home so I feel like im missing out on family time. Id prefer to either be a full time sahm or work full time days.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM
I wish I was a SAHM! Everyone says I would get bored after a while, but I seriously doubt that. But I'm a single mom so no chance of me ever finding out.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Yep, trust the guilt starts the minute you connect with that being and from my understanding never leaves, lol.

Mae was born Sept 26th.

Quoting LauraBelle9812: I guess I just have guilt... But I would probably have guilt if I wasn't working... Like we could afford ____ if I was working... Maybe feeling guilty is part of being a mom...

My daughter Emma was born Oct 13th when was yours?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN