Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do you miss kid's activity deadlines?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:12 AM
  • 6 Replies
I am so mad at myself, between working and adjusting to parenting 3 kids and a new schedule. I missed signing them up for soccer this spring. Practices start in April but deadline was February. I am going to call to see if there are any openings. But I doubt it. So frustrating.....
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Wow - February deadline for something that starts in April for 6 yo's seems a bit too far in advance. Around here, the forms have to be turned in about a week before the thing starts.

Hopefully they'll still let you in!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:46 PM
So far...no. However this fall is going to be deadline crazy trying to sign DS1 up for kindergarten. I have 4 different schools I'm looking at...one he has to test into and all with different deadlines....
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
yes. I have so many deadlines and signups and new school athletic websites to keep track of --I have missed deadlines. sometimes I can call and fix it or its really closed or full. then i have to break it to the kids though if its a camp for the most part they dont care since except for boy scout camp they act like summer camp is a gulag.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:50 AM
Kindergarten tour madness is one kid lifecycle Event I wont ever wax nostalgic about. The whole process was stressfull. its much easier if they would just assign your kid to a school lol.

Quoting Nighttiger: So far...no. However this fall is going to be deadline crazy trying to sign DS1 up for kindergarten. I have 4 different schools I'm looking at...one he has to test into and all with different deadlines....
ljmom24
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:17 AM
Usually I'm bad at remembering permission slips. Usually if we have already done a sport we get TONS of email reminders. Not sure how old your kids are but here for u6 and u8 you could still add them until season starts but olders kids on travel teams they have to have roosters in advance for the district. Something to do with insurance. Course the younger groups fill up fast so usually it's full before the deadline to register,

Now before I had kids in school I was clueless to sport sign ups. Felt so bad he started kindy and kids were playing soccer and he wanted to but fall sign up starts in May and they are full by June.
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
They do. We have our "home" school that I can just send him to and it has great scores and stats. Thats our fall back. I really want him in an expeditionary school though or at least one that starts a second language early. So Im really bringing it on myself.. :)

Quoting calsmom62: Kindergarten tour madness is one kid lifecycle Event I wont ever wax nostalgic about. The whole process was stressfull. its much easier if they would just assign your kid to a school lol.

Quoting Nighttiger: So far...no. However this fall is going to be deadline crazy trying to sign DS1 up for kindergarten. I have 4 different schools I'm looking at...one he has to test into and all with different deadlines....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN